Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 11:22 AM)
Cool, thats usually not his style, he has a high football IQ.

Its really irrelevant. It was preseason, it didnt mean anything. i think he was just showcasing

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as nobody on the team gets injured you win in the preseason. Giants lost a starting defender for the season, the Bears lost nobody (that I've heard).

Other than that whatever, Bears looked awful last preseason (went 0-4 right?) and still managed to put together a playoff team. If it took you the NFL preseason to realize Roy Williams sucks, the Bears have a bad OL or that Chester Taylor isn't very good you haven't been paying attention. This preseason s*** doesn't matter and hopefully it will go away or get cut down to 2 games.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 11:16 AM)
I was really pleased with Cutler. Good footwork and nice decisions. In fact I noticed a couple plays where he looked off the defense and made some nice reads (showing his comfort in year two of the offense). He got hung out to dry on wideout drops, including a couple big third down drops and than there was Hester's slip in the end zone. Roy Williams looked real bad today. Just one game but catch the ball.

Defense had a couple solid drives but than obviously got crushed. Part of that was due to turnovers, poor field position, and of course the fact that we play a base defefnse throughout the preseason (not blitzes, minimal changing things up).

We left the game healthy and despite the blowout score, I saw plenty to be pleased with.

Jaworski did a really nice breakdown early in the game of Cutler's footwork on his throws, how he was planting and having the knee in the right spot before launching.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 12:16 PM)
Jaworski did a really nice breakdown early in the game of Cutler's footwork on his throws, how he was planting and having the knee in the right spot before launching.

Cutler would be in line for a career year if he had an O-Line and receivers worth a s***.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 01:39 PM)
Cutler would be in line for a career year if he had an O-Line and receivers worth a s***.

I think he has an O-line that is massively upgraded from last year. That's not to say its the best in the league (since a massive upgrade from the worst in the league could still be below average), but it should be a lot better.

I'm not sure about the WR's yet. Hopefully there's a "wakeup call for Williams" last night, like last weekend was the wakeup call for Webb.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 11:07 AM)
Sorry, a guy anointed our #1 WR needs to catch most balls that hit his hands.

He's going to make some catches that will be top play on SportsCenter, but he's also going to drop some that make you say WTF. Roy Williams is who we thought he was. By the end of the season, I think most will see him as a welcomed addition.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 01:57 PM)
He's going to make some catches that will be top play on SportsCenter, but he's also going to drop some that make you say WTF. Roy Williams is who we thought he was. By the end of the season, I think most will see him as a welcomed addition.

If he can't catch at least 1 of those 2 balls last night, then he will not be a welcomed addition.

That is 100% why he is needed...to be the big body that helps the Bears move the chains. One stat that was given last night was that the Bears led the league in 3 and outs last year. That happened because the Bears WR's couldn't move the chains on 3rd downs when people knew that a quick throw was coming.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 01:04 PM)
If he can't catch at least 1 of those 2 balls last night, then he will not be a welcomed addition.

That is 100% why he is needed...to be the big body that helps the Bears move the chains. One stat that was given last night was that the Bears led the league in 3 and outs last year. That happened because the Bears WR's couldn't move the chains on 3rd downs when people knew that a quick throw was coming.

The 1st one was a bad drop, but the 2nd one was a catch that only a handful of receivers in the NFL make. He was falling down with a defender on his back and the ball was just at his fingertips.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 01:04 PM)
One stat that was given last night was that the Bears led the league in 3 and outs last year.

The Bears do this every year, no one needs ESPN to give that stat to know that. The only question is how much distance will be between them and the 29th team.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 01:21 PM)
I think Peyton is pretty proud of his consecutive games started streak. I wonder if he would take a snap or two, hand it off, then leave the game just to keep the streak going. He seems like the type of guy who would.

That would seriously be s***ty of him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 12:21 PM)
I think Peyton is pretty proud of his consecutive games started streak. I wonder if he would take a snap or two, hand it off, then leave the game just to keep the streak going. He seems like the type of guy who would.

I would think if he's proud of it, he'd also respect it and only start the game if he were seriously ready to play.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 12:21 PM)

I have never gotten that impression of Manning.