2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2012 -> 11:35 AM)
Arguing poster semantics is dumb, how about the topic at hand?

3-4 defense would have been great since we just drafted a pass rushing LB.

Is there any thought of them using him in blitz packages from the DL spot where he may rush or drop into coverage?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2012 -> 11:35 AM)
Arguing poster semantics is dumb, how about the topic at hand?

3-4 defense would have been great since we just drafted a pass rushing LB.

I agree, which is why I asked certain people to stop sniping and grow up. Youd get real tired if a few people came to every thread you posted in and tried to attack you. It especially gets old when they are admin and no one even cares.

As for 3-4, its unlikely in run downs, but I do think the Bears may employ more of a "walk around" defense on pass downs. I just cant see Lovie giving up his entire scheme on running downs.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 15, 2012 -> 11:41 AM)
I agree, which is why I asked certain people to stop sniping and grow up. Youd get real tired if a few people came to every thread you posted in and tried to attack you. It especially gets old when they are admin and no one even cares.

As for 3-4, its unlikely in run downs, but I do think the Bears may employ more of a "walk around" defense on pass downs. I just cant see Lovie giving up his entire scheme on rush downs.

OMG Badger, is anyone allowed to argue with you, or are you the only one allowed to initiate long winded ridiculous arguments? You said I was following you around sniping at you, after a 3 comment back and forth over something that i disputed. Get a grip man, wtf. I post as a member, just because it says admin underneath my name doesnt mean I cant argue with the rest of you. You are acting like I am insulting your heritage here because I said your initial post wasnt correct.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 15, 2012 -> 11:25 AM)
Steve, I expected more from you. Even Kyle admits he created a strawman and that my comment is correct. If you want to argue the Bears pay top dollar historically to Head Coaches, go ahead. Otherwise I was pointing out the fact that Kyle couldnt even give me the decency of quoting me properly. I never argued that it meant different things, I simply stated "Thats not what I said", which is true, he misquoted me and that is quite frustrating when he simply could have cut and pasted.

So are you going to join the meathead mob and argue that the Bears historically have paid a lot of money to head coaches? Or are you going to continue to try and pick and choose sentences out of paragraphs, take them out of context and try and make a deal out of them.

So because I make fun of the fact that you think the words "the Bears historically do not pay coaches top dollar" differ from "The Bears arent well known for paying top dollar for coaches" that I think the Bears pay for coaches?

I gave no position on the topic, I simply found that post from you to be funny.

Obviously the Bears don't hire big-name coaches.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 15, 2012 -> 11:46 AM)
OMG Badger, is anyone allowed to argue with you, or are you the only one allowed to initiate long winded ridiculous arguments? You said I was following you around sniping at you, after a 3 comment back and forth over something that i disputed. Get a grip man, wtf. I post as a member, just because it says admin underneath my name doesnt mean I cant argue with the rest of you. You are acting like I am insulting your heritage here because I said your initial post wasnt correct.

I didnt mean you, and Ill just say Im wrong and move on. Your posts seemingly have been to snipe at me, but if they werent and I was wrong, I can drop it and call it a day.

Ive never had an issue with you before, so I dont know exactly what the deal is, but Ill just say it was my misunderstanding and move on.

Steve,

Its fine, I just cant believe that people are making a big deal out of a nothing post.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 15, 2012 -> 12:04 PM)
Steve,

Its fine, I just cant believe that people are making a big deal out of a nothing post.

It's a message board. It's what we do! Sometimes you just gotta own it.

QUOTE (K-Rock @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
McCoy just got a 5 year deal for $45 million ($20 million guaranteed) from the Eagles. Would you do a similar deal with Forte if you were the Bears?

From what I remember reading, I think Forte is looking for $20 as well, Bears are offering closer to $15. I don't know the intricacies of the Bears cap, but I'm sure there is a good reason for them to hold out on that $5 million, especially considering the current shelf life of running backs.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 21, 2012 -> 11:38 AM)
Lions are off to a good start this year.

MLive.com reports WR Titus Young has been barred from Lions OTAs after getting into a fight with FS Louis Delmas last week.

Yea, between that and the numerous off field incidents, not looking good so far. tremendously talented offense still, though

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 21, 2012 -> 11:56 AM)
Kellen Winslow looks to be on the market.

Good riddance.

His 70 catches isnt worth the crucial penalties he gets called for every week, the fumbling of the ball, the screaming at the QB when he isnt the first option. I believe he kinda bullied Freeman last year into throwing him the ball. Seemed like most of Freeman's INTs last season were from trying to force passes into Winslow.