2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 05:29 PM)
I honestly do not understand that at all.

If they fine him, they are saying the kick to the groin was intentional.

With Suh's history, that should be a suspension. But they are saying even though it was intentional, it doesn't merit a suspension for him? I don't agree with that logic at all.

I feel like you can fine people for unintentional hits that wind up breaking the rules.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
we did that too. You brought it up out of nowhere to elicit a response from Bears fans that clearly displeased you during the first round of this ridiculous Bryant was out of bounds discussion.

And low and behold, you got the response you wanted and at the same time set yourself as the woe-is-me poster of a Non bears team that is being witchhunted because you dont agree with them.

You have quite the imagination. I didn't realize this was a whole intricate operation I was setting up. Thanks for the credit for engineering this whole scheme though, I must be pretty good at this "trolling" thing you speak of.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 04:16 PM)
You want to argue that. Do it in private messages. you've been sent a warning. You can either appreciate the forwardness in the fact that we touched base with you, told you what you need to do, etc, or you can not head the advice and eventually get suspended and banned. You decide.

Who sent me a warning about this? I have no private messages.

Anyway, I've learned my lesson.

Don't disagree with Bears fans over a close play, or suffer the wrath of being labeled "unanimously" as a troll, because no one in their right mind would have a differing opinion, so it must be trolling.

Loud and clear. I'll stick to just talking about my Cowboys and Rams, if that's not considered trolling, of course.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 06:01 PM)

Don't disagree with Bears fans over a close play, or suffer the wrath of being labeled "unanimously" as a troll, because no one in their right mind would have a differing opinion, so it must be trolling.

Loud and clear. I'll stick to just talking about my Cowboys and Rams, if that's not considered trolling, of course.

You clearly haven't learned anything, hell I like Dez Bryant and even Cowboy fans know he was clear out of bounds you seemingly are just blind to the issue.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 07:01 PM)

Joe, this is simply not what happened.

You complained or "thought out loud" about a play that happened in the Cowboys game a few weeks ago. Several people mocked you, my guess is partially because you are a Cowboys' fan, partially because the play involved Dez Bryant, and partially because posts of yours in the past have rubbed folks the wrong way.

This made you angry.

Yesterday, a close play occurred in the end zone involving the Bears' Matt Spaeth. You found this play to be somehow analogous to the Bryant play, and felt like you could get a point across to those who mocked you the previous week. You made a snarky reference to the play in question, before any Bears fan or any poster whatsoever had commented on it. There was no one to disagree with yet. Who were you disagreeing with? The referees who called it a touchdown?

Some Bears fans saw your attempt to compare the Bryant play and the Spaeth play and further mocked you.

This made you more angry.

Last night and this morning some Bears fans were having a discussion on the worth of Cutler and some measures of value articulated by well-known ESPN analysts. You enter the discussion not with any kind of observation or substantive point, but instead with another snarky rhetorical question designed to inflame the participants of the discussion.

I accused you of trolling.

This made you even more angry, and you began arguing with myself and Kyyle, among others.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 07:18 PM)
Joe, this is simply not what happened.

You complained or "thought out loud" about a play that happened in the Cowboys game a few weeks ago. Several people mocked you, my guess is partially because you are a Cowboys' fan, partially because the play involved Dez Bryant, and partially because posts of yours in the past have rubbed folks the wrong way.

This made you angry.

Yesterday, a close play occurred in the end zone involving the Bears' Matt Spaeth. You found this play to be somehow analogous to the Bryant play, and felt like you could get a point across to those who mocked you the previous week. You made a snarky reference to the play in question, before any Bears fan or any poster whatsoever had commented on it. There was no one to disagree with yet. Who were you disagreeing with? The referees who called it a touchdown?

Some Bears fans saw your attempt to compare the Bryant play and the Spaeth play and further mocked you.

This made you more angry.

Last night and this morning some Bears fans were having a discussion on the worth of Cutler and some measures of value articulated by well-known ESPN analysts. You enter the discussion not with any kind of observation or substantive point, but instead with another snarky rhetorical question designed to inflame the participants of the discussion.

I accused you of trolling.

This made you even more angry, and you began arguing with myself and Kyyle, among others.

Yep. You nailed it, Doctor. And I didn't even have to pay for this session, what a deal!

Move on.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 07:26 PM)
Yep. You nailed it, Doctor. And I didn't even have to pay for this session, what a deal!

Move on.

That's merely an accurate recitation of the facts as they occurred instead of the version of events you would have us believe.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 08:01 PM)
Yep, completely accurate about how I apparently "felt" after each of those. You nailed it. Where'd you get your PhD? You're good.

I don't say stuff often, but I'll say this. Take a break from this topic/thread. You're burying yourself.

The Eagles are so f***ing bad. Remember when they signed 3 of the best defensive FAs two years ago? Asomugha sucks. Where the hell is Cullen Jenkins? Only Jason Babin gets noted here or there when you watch their games. You can't buy yourself a championship in football.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)
This has to be the end of Norv Turner and Andy Reid right? If Bengals miss playoffs maybe Marvin Lewis too?

A lot of people already speculating Reid will be the next coach in SD. Apparently he just had a home built there.

The Bengals are playing very well recently.

Would love to bring Turner in as OC once he gets axed.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
The Eagles are so f***ing bad. Remember when they signed 3 of the best defensive FAs two years ago? Asomugha sucks. Where the hell is Cullen Jenkins? Only Jason Babin gets noted here or there when you watch their games. You can't buy yourself a championship in football.

I have no clue what the hell happened to Asomugha...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)
A lot of people already speculating Reid will be the next coach in SD. Apparently he just had a home built there.

The Bengals are playing very well recently.

Would love to bring Turner in as OC once he gets axed.

Norv Turner appears to suck the life out of everything. IDK man...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
Norv Turner appears to suck the life out of everything. IDK man...

He is a brilliant offensive mind, IMO. He's just not NFL head coaching material.

Did an incredible job with the SF offense before taking the SD job.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
He is a brilliant offensive mind, IMO. He's just not NFL head coaching material.

Did an incredible job with the SF offense before taking the SD job.

He was great in SD for a while too. I guess they just look bad because Philip Rivers isn't the guy he was 2-3 years ago.

Still, almost anything is better than Mike Tice.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
He was great in SD for a while too. I guess they just look bad because Philip Rivers isn't the guy he was 2-3 years ago.

Still, almost anything is better than Mike Tice.

I don't know I'd ever have described that SD team under him as great. The offense maybe, but now their line is terrible and they've lost all their playmakers.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 09:31 PM)
I don't know I'd ever have described that SD team under him as great. The offense maybe, but now their line is terrible and they've lost all their playmakers.

Well offense is clearly his thing...

The 2007 and 2009 teams were pretty great.