2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
Well I mostly deposit with my credit card to avoid the fees. But some sites my card is blocked so I'd find a site that does WU. But 5dimes takes my card so I'm good there. But I always request payouts by WU or Moneygram to avoid hassles with getting a check sent back.

If you do use your card, be prepared to fill out a form and to make a photo copy of the card and to fax/email it to the site for verification before requesting a payout. It's only a one time thing.

Just make sure to read the deposits/payouts rules before doing anything.

Have you ever used bovada.lv?

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)
Cant act like nothing happened though.

I say do a moment of silence for the girlfriend, their kid, her family and the player's family. All of them are the victims in this situation.

I agree, something along those lines. The Chiefs and the NFL have done a good job so far about saying the right things that their thoughts and prayers are with the families affected, so something in the vain should suffice.

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
This is going to be an awkward situation tomorrow, do the Chiefs have a little ceremony or moment of silence for him, I mean he did kill someone else?

Anyway, what a terribly sad story, especially for the coach and the other guy.

Absolutely not. He killed an innocent 22-year old woman and left a 3-month old child an orphan. If he hadn't taken the easy route out and killed himself, he would be locked up for most of his adult life.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 03:13 PM)
That would be fine I would guess. Although I see no reason for the game not to be played tomorrow.

Most important thing is your fantasy team. No reason? Wow.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 03:55 PM)
Absolutely not. He killed an innocent 22-year old woman and left a 3-month old child an orphan. If he hadn't taken the easy route out and killed himself, he would be locked up for most of his adult life.

Agreed. His death is not a tragedy.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 12:44 PM)
Bet against the Chiefs.

Seriously though, every single player on that team has to be contemplating suicide each week. I have respect for them for not taking the easy way out.

Wow. I sincerely hope you didn't mean for this to sound as terrible as it does. wow smh

I believe something along these lines would be nice

Domestic violence struck the Chiefs family yesterday. At this time we would like to have a moment of silence to remember all the families around the world that are affected by domestic violence.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 07:45 PM)
Oh STFU, excuse me for not caring about a murderer who killed himself.

The people who you are allowed to care about are the other people involved, the families who lost people, the team that has to figure out a way to process the act committed by a person they may have considered a friend...the coaches/mentors who watched a guy shoot himself.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 08:02 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2731587:date=Dec 1, 2012 -> 06:45 PM:name=Carter224)-->
QUOTE (Carter224 @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 06:45 PM)
<!--quotec-->Oh STFU, excuse me for not caring about a murderer who killed himself.

Clueless. Keep making it about you.

Im not clueless, I just don't care about it. I don't know those people.

If you want to waste time in your life to concern over it that's your own choice. Stop trying to act all high and mighty towards those who don't.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 07:03 PM)
Im not clueless, I just don't care about it. I don't know those people.

If you want to waste time in your life to concern over it that's your own choice. Stop trying to act all high and mighty towards those who don't.

Still clueless. Its not about him. Its about everyone else dealing with it.

Go fantasy team!

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 08:05 PM)
Still clueless. Its not about him. Its about everyone else dealing with it.

Go fantasy team!

Guess what, life goes on. The world doesn't stop because of a careless act of one individual. You think they want to sit around and think about it, or do something they love to take their mind off of it?

Well, in Carl's defense, at least he's honest.

I can say there are enough idiotic people in this world that if we stopped to care everytime another one of them kills themself or does something that results in a tragedy, we would scarcely have time to do anything else.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 07:09 PM)
Guess what, life goes on. The world doesn't stop because of a careless act of one individual. You think they want to sit around and think about it, or do something they love to take their mind off of it?

Not sure were in position to make that call. Some people may struggle after losing a teammate or worse yet trying to coach a day after watching someone kill themself.

Again its not about him. Its about what's best to help the people coping. Whatever that is.

Remember the cubs cards game years ago?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 08:13 PM)
Not sure were in position to make that call. Some people may struggle after losing a teammate or worse yet trying to coach a day after watching someone kill themself.

Again its not about him. Its about what's best to help the people coping. Whatever that is.

Remember the cubs cards game years ago?

The people having problems with that should have the choice of participating in the game tomorrow or not. And yeah, when they cancelled their game because Daryl Kyle killed himself? Baseball is a little different than football, you cant just play a double header next Sunday.

This is a pointless argument anyway as even if they didn't play tomorrow it would prolly be Monday anyways and this argument would be completely pointless.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 08:14 PM)
I really hope KC plays inspired football and Cam has a terrible game.

I guess its cool to play Mr Hard-ass No Emotions Guy.

I have emotions, they just don't get spent on people that I don't know.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)
The people having problems with that should have the choice of participating in the game tomorrow or not. And yeah, when they cancelled their game because Daryl Kyle killed himself? Baseball is a little different than football, you cant just play a double header next Sunday.

Wait. What?

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 07:18 PM)

This is a pointless argument anyway as even if they didn't play tomorrow it would prolly be Monday anyways and this argument would be completely pointless.

Don't change the argument to scheduling. It was about "no reason not to play"