2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 28, 2012 -> 06:54 AM)
I want the Vikings to win because it could cost GB a bye and thus hurt their chances of reaching the Super Bowl, and the Bears aren't going anywhere even if they do make it in. I have better things to do on January 5 than watch the Bears lose by 30+ at SF.

This is seriously absurd.

It also makes you a Packers hater, not a Bears fan.

Edited by Rowand44

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Dec 28, 2012 -> 12:55 AM)
I know we always joke about the meatball fans and everything, but I honestly havent come across a single person who said they want the Vikings to win for the single reason that theyre playing the Packers even though it could cost the Bears the playoffs.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 28, 2012 -> 06:54 AM)
I want the Vikings to win because it could cost GB a bye and thus hurt their chances of reaching the Super Bowl, and the Bears aren't going anywhere even if they do make it in. I have better things to do on January 5 than watch the Bears lose by 30+ at SF.

Aaaaaaaand we've found the meatball.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 28, 2012 -> 12:54 PM)

Really? You really care about the packers losing more than a possible Bears playoff?

I can see the argument "I'd rather the bears lose so that we get a regime change", but this is just ridiculous.

Really? You really care about the packers losing more than a possible Bears playoff?

I can see the argument "I'd rather the bears lose so that we get a regime change", but this is just ridiculous.

What is backing into the playoffs and getting clobbered in the first round really worth? Does that really make you feel that much better about the Bears? It does nothing for me.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 28, 2012 -> 08:06 AM)
What is backing into the playoffs and getting clobbered in the first round really worth? Does that really make you feel that much better about the Bears? It does nothing for me.

You've never seen a team unexpectedly fly through the playoffs?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 28, 2012 -> 10:06 AM)

Because you still have to play the game. Even considering what they did in 2006-07, I don't think anybody saw the Giants beating the Packers or 49ers (especially considering both teams beat them in the regular season) last year, yet that's exactly what they did.

If you get to the playoffs, you have a chance.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 28, 2012 -> 04:06 PM)

I'd much rather be a playoff team than the 7th place team in the conference. It won't change our draft position.

You've never seen a team unexpectedly fly through the playoffs?

The Bears do not have the makeup of teams like the Giants and Steelers that came from nowhere to win the Super Bowl, especially with Forte and Urlacher either out or at least nowhere near 100%.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 28, 2012 -> 10:47 AM)
The Bears do not have the makeup of teams like the Giants and Steelers that came from nowhere to win the Super Bowl, especially with Forte and Urlacher either out or at least nowhere near 100%.

They don't? All they have to do is have this defense forcing turnovers again and the offense not completely suck.

I believe they can beat the Seahawks in Seattle if they get really lucky. But it's the NFL and teams get lucky every week.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 28, 2012 -> 10:06 AM)

Except if you win the final 2 games of the year, you're not exactly "backing into the playoffs," are you?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 28, 2012 -> 12:08 PM)
If in Week 17 your playoff scenario includes the phrase, "AND Team Y loses" then you are backing into the playoffs.

Ok, we'll go with your definition of "backing in." The Giants last year finished the season 3-5. They won their final 2 games. They needed help week 17. They got in. They won a title.

Ok, we'll go with your definition of "backing in." The Giants last year finished the season 3-5. They won their final 2 games. They needed help week 17. They got in. They won a title.

Giants did not need help Week 17. They got in solely by winning.

I am a bears fan but i hope they go 0-16 next year, because odds are they wont win the super next year, so why root for them to win any game? Even if they were to make it to the super bowl somehow, they probably wouldn't be favored to win, so id rather they just lose every single game than not win the super bowl

back to reality - yes the packers are archenemy number 1. but the vikings are a close second, and the packers winning f***s the vikings more than a vikings win f***s the packers - so even if you actually go along with the boneheaded arguments, wouldn't you rather see the vikings hearts broken than the packers going home slightly disappointed?

Edited by daa84

I am a bears fan but i hope they go 0-16 next year, because odds are they wont win the super next year, so why root for them to win any game?

2-14, cause it's always important to beat the Packers and 2-14 is usually good enough for the #1 pick anyway.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Dec 28, 2012 -> 01:45 PM)
I am rooting for the Packers if the Bears win at noon. The only way I can see a real Bears fan not doing so would be if they really want Lovie out.

Yeah, I am a bit torn, honestly. I guess I won't be disappointed with either result...if I did have any faith we could win anything this year, I would be really hoping we make it in, but I don't believe much in this offense. In fact, I don't really know how anyone could.

So if not making the playoffs ushers in a new regime, that may spare us from another 2-3 years of utter offensive incompetence and may be well-worth it.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 28, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
Lions are certainly not a team to sleep on, ton of top end talent on that team.

Not to pick on you since I say things like this quite often but is there ever a scenario where an NFL team sleeps on an opponent and comes unprepared? With so few games in a season I'd think every opponent is taken seriously. I think the saying only works for fans and gamblers.

Edited by BigSqwert