2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (balfanman @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 11:25 AM)
Thanks Chisoxfn, I did not know that they had "locker room issues". I do remember his days as a host on "the Score" and he came across as very knowledgeable to me, but whatever, just a thought.

The Cam Newton stuff earlier this season screamed "Locker Room issues"

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 10:07 AM)
The only teams that scored less points than the Eagles this year were Arizona, Jacksonville and KC. It would be the perfect Bears hire for more offense.

They will wind up hiring an assistant with no head coaching experience because they are the Bears.

Yeah, I'd hate to hire the next Sean Payton.

We don't need an overhaul, that's what people are missing. There is a ton of top end talent on the Bears today. We need a coach that can get these guys to win right away, this is why most of us don't want a guy who has never coached before. We can't piss away games because a guy is getting his legs under him.

I guess it was his time, but I'm surprised teh front office sent Lovie walking. It sucks in the context of a 7-1 start, but I'd be pretty damn happy if you could pencil in 10-6 at the start of every year.

I'll bet if he kicks the FG against Seattle instead of stupidly going for it on 4th and goal behind a depleted, patchwork OL that was s***ty when healthy, he's still gainfully employed.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 10:43 AM)
We don't need an overhaul, that's what people are missing. There is a ton of top end talent on the Bears today. We need a coach that can get these guys to win right away, this is why most of us don't want a guy who has never coached before. We can't piss away games because a guy is getting his legs under him.

Jake, the defense needs a big overhaul. 4 of the best players are on the wrong side of 30 and are showing signs of slowing down, and the dropoff from them to the next players is pretty steep.

And the O line. My god the O line

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 10:49 AM)
That's exactly the kind of guy they will hire. Judging from past history, and considering Emery has been with the Bears before, it will be closer to Tim Beckman.

what?

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 10:43 AM)

We just need a coach who can get something out of these offensive weapons we have. And I really agree with the folks here that recognize that we do actually have good skill players on offense.

Imagine how good this defense would be if our offense actually scored points?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 10:53 AM)
Jake, the defense needs a big overhaul. 4 of the best players are on the wrong side of 30 and are showing signs of slowing down, and the dropoff from them to the next players is pretty steep.

Seriously, where do you even start with the o-line? Draft somebody and then sign a big name in free agency? Even that won't guarantee a turn around unless the draft pick becomes a pro bowler.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 10:53 AM)

Agreed about the defense, but I don't know that I would call it an overhaul...and I tend to think if you keep running this system, and gradually replacing guys instead of "overhauling" the whole thing, you'd find it easier to replace Urlacher, Tilman, Briggs, etc., than it seems.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 11:00 AM)
Agreed about the defense, but I don't know that I would call it an overhaul...and I tend to think if you keep running this system, and gradually replacing guys instead of "overhauling" the whole thing, you'd find it easier to replace Urlacher, Tilman, Briggs, etc., than it seems.

Urlacher's performance this year is easily replaceable. Briggs wasn't great either.

Agreed. No firesale necessary.

That depends on the system put in place by the next coach.

And if you are replacing the starting MLB, OLB, CB, and DE(i doubt the bears are going to take the cap hit on peppers), with Melton hitting free agency(even though i believe RFA), still have a hole at FS unless you trust Conte, i dont know what else to call it but an overhaul. We could be looking at a drastically different defense next season.

Offense, I agree needs to be built around

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 11:16 AM)
Totally disagree about the way Briggs played this year.

Roach did seem capable of taking Urlacher's role.

He had his moments. But he's also getting up there in age and I noticed that he wasn't as consistent in terms of making impact plays this year.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 12:16 PM)
Totally disagree about the way Briggs played this year.

Roach did seem capable of taking Urlacher's role.

I guess I am in the minority, but I think Briggs is a badass...

I actually liked the trio of Briggs, Roach and Hayes...