2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 12:48 PM)
that's just ridiculous. so much complaining about the 'fans' from these Bears players.

"the fans boo us too much" "the fans want us to lose"

lol

It's actually true. I have heard from so many Bear fans that they would rather their team lose so they can finally fire Lovie. They got what they wanted.

So far, you've had two people tear up on radio about it and a third about to retire over it. The fans are going to see that grass is not always greener. They want to say that Lovie knew nothing about offense, but yet, he brought in several different OCs and none of them could do anything. You had one of the most heralded offensive line coaches in the league, who also couldn't do anything with these players. Wonder why? The line. Any new coach they bring in, is going to want to upgrade that line. Apparently, Emery believes in continuity on a line, even if it's poo. I bet my account, the Bears do not finish with anywhere the record they finished with this year without that offensive line being vastly different.

This wasn't Lovie's fault. That's why the players feel sorry for him. He didn't have a hand in this failure. He could've brought in Chip Kelly, and that offense still would've been terrible. They brought in Cutler's guy(Jeremy Bates), they brought in Mike Martz, an offensive guru who really didn't have a failure on offense anywhere else. Yet, you people state Lovie didn't know offense and all the coaches he hired sucked. Chances are if he brought in Sean Payton and the offense failed here, you would talk about how Payton was always overrated.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 07:57 PM)
It's actually true. I have heard from so many Bear fans that they would rather their team lose so they can finally fire Lovie. They got what they wanted.

So far, you've had two people tear up on radio about it and a third about to retire over it. The fans are going to see that grass is not always greener. They want to say that Lovie knew nothing about offense, but yet, he brought in several different OCs and none of them could do anything. You had one of the most heralded offensive line coaches in the league, who also couldn't do anything with these players. Wonder why? The line. Any new coach they bring in, is going to want to upgrade that line. Apparently, Emery believes in continuity on a line, even if it's poo. I bet my account, the Bears do not finish with anywhere the record they finished with this year without that offensive line being vastly different.

This wasn't Lovie's fault. That's why the players feel sorry for him. He didn't have a hand in this failure. He could've brought in Chip Kelly, and that offense still would've been terrible. They brought in Cutler's guy(Jeremy Bates), they brought in Mike Martz, an offensive guru who really didn't have a failure on offense anywhere else. Yet, you people state Lovie didn't know offense and all the coaches he hired sucked. Chances are if he brought in Sean Payton and the offense failed here, you would talk about how Payton was always overrated.

In the end, the teams execution is the head coaches responsibility. He hired the offensive coordinators. They failed. That's on him. The bears saw numerous players look inept on their offensive unit, only to appear much better on other teams. They were not good at developing the talent they were given, and they were not good executing with the talent given. That's the head coaches job.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)

Never blame the head coach for a team not finding the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 years, thats just silly

I know you have Lovies back, nite, but you cannot absolve him from all fault. And when it comes down to it, his teams have not performed up to expectations in the past 6 years. blame everyone else all you want, but the ax always comes down on the guy in charge.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 01:53 PM)
Yeah, AJ Smith and Norv out in SD

Does anyone know if this is a record year for HC/GM firings? There's 8 head coaches fired already.

There are some teams that are going to be regretting it when they miss out on the best candidates.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 01:11 PM)
Mike Tice must of promoted himself to OC. Mike Martz also hired himself. Babich hired himself as well.

Herein lies the problem, who is running the ship for the Bears? Did Lovie want those guys, or did the GM?

I am nervous the Bears will mess this up.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 01:14 PM)
Herein lies the problem, who is running the ship for the Bears? Did Lovie want those guys, or did the GM?

I am nervous the Bears will mess this up.

Lovie has always had control over his coordinator and assistant hires

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 01:11 PM)
Does anyone know if this is a record year for HC/GM firings? There's 8 head coaches fired already.

There are some teams that are going to be regretting it when they miss out on the best candidates.

NYE and NFL coaching are pretty similar. Everyone goes out on the market thinking they are going to end up with the hot candidate, and instead end up with some mediocre pick after midnight.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)
David Kaplan ‏@thekapman

Hunter Hillenmeyer just said on @CSNChicago that a good chance that '13 Bears win a lot less than 10 games. This is move for long term

that's just silly to me. The D still has it in them, and if they upgrade the OL there should be no reason why they win "a lot less" than 10 games.