2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
It's more than that though. He showed tremendous adaptability going from Orton to tebow to manning. The in season tebow switch they did a 180 to be a run first option team on a dime. Then he brings a QB that had been at another team all his life and helps organize everyone on the same page in about 5 games. That's impressive.

I agree about that. He also worked with Delhomme a bit and made him look decent for a while too (IIRC). There are some damning quotes from Thomas when they brought manning in and how he was going to actually have to learn the route tree, etc (as in, this offense is so basic we don't do anything). That might have been more related to Tebow then anything else though.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 05:04 PM)
Saban and Kelly you have to think would also come with pretty big pricetags. Mind you, Im not interested in either of them, but they both have been mentioned

Its hard to imagine the Bears paying that type of money. I believe when Lovie was signed he was the lowest paid HC in the NFL. Granted he was now top 10, but I believe the Bears will have to pay Lovie + another HC next year. Which is why Im really not optimistic about the Bears shelling out a lot of money.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 05:26 PM)
Its hard to imagine the Bears paying that type of money. I believe when Lovie was signed he was the lowest paid HC in the NFL. Granted he was now top 10, but I believe the Bears will have to pay Lovie + another HC next year. Which is why Im really not optimistic about the Bears shelling out a lot of money.

I can definitely see this happening...

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 05:06 PM)
Pretty classy statement their by Cutler. Plus I like the fact that he takes responsibility. He seems to be doing that more as of late which makes me think he might be getting things a little more.

+1

I've always liked Lovie, sad to see him go and if he goes somewhere where they have a solid offense and need help on the defensive end, he could be really successful. Unfortunately, the offense in Chicago has mostly been garbage under his tenure, some of it his fault, some of it not. I hope the Bears don't mess this up but like some posters have pointed it out already, my money says they'll f*** it up like always...

Good luck Lovie, the meathead Bears fans are idiots, hope you are successful at whatever you do.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 1, 2013 -> 12:12 AM)
I've always liked Lovie, sad to see him go and if he goes somewhere where they have a solid offense and need help on the defensive end, he could be really successful. Unfortunately, the offense in Chicago has mostly been garbage under his tenure, some of it his fault, some of it not. I hope the Bears don't mess this up but like some posters have pointed it out already, my money says they'll f*** it up like always...

Good luck Lovie, the meathead Bears fans are idiots, hope you are successful at whatever you do.

If they upgrade the line it should really be unf***upable IMO.

Does ptact ever wander into these parts? I'm curious what he has to say about Johnny Knox. I just tweeted his agent to see what his status is for next year. Even if he's lost a step he should be an upgrade over Hester.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 11:32 PM)
Does ptact ever wander into these parts? I'm curious what he has to say about Johnny Knox. I just tweeted his agent to see what his status is for next year. Even if he's lost a step he should be an upgrade over Hester.

That's not saying much. Knox, even before this awful injury, was soft and had gator arms over the middle, and fumbled, and would drop passes. Kick returns would be fine and go routes.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 1, 2013 -> 08:22 AM)
That's not saying much. Knox, even before this awful injury, was soft and had gator arms over the middle, and fumbled, and would drop passes. Kick returns would be fine and go routes.

If Knox somehow got back to 100%, on this team, he'd be the 4th WR. A couple years ago in his best season, he was effectively the #1 WR. I have no issue with him being the occasional "Stretch the field and force the safeties to respect the deep ball" guy, even with his hands, but that requires him to be close enough to where he was that his speed still is a weapon.

I'm glad we don't have a player like Knox currently. It isn't hard to find a WR that doesn't finish routes, has alligator arms, suspect hands and puts the ball on he ground a lot. He had world class speed and occasionally made a good deep target, but that was it. It's a shame what happened to him, I don't like to see anyone get bent that way, but I didn't miss him. Hester did a fine job playing his WR jester part.

Absolutely love just about everything I have heard from Emery. Dude is smart , to the point, no bulls***. Giving good justification on his draft picks, and moves so you can at least see what his thought process is/was.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 1, 2013 -> 10:36 AM)
I'm glad we don't have a player like Knox currently. It isn't hard to find a WR that doesn't finish routes, has alligator arms, suspect hands and puts the ball on he ground a lot. He had world class speed and occasionally made a good deep target, but that was it. It's a shame what happened to him, I don't like to see anyone get bent that way, but I didn't miss him. Hester did a fine job playing his WR jester part.

We just didn't have anyone to blow the top off. I like Johnny as a fourth guy, given the top 3 we have.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 1, 2013 -> 10:37 AM)
Absolutely love just about everything I have heard from Emery. Dude is smart , to the point, no bulls***. Giving good justification on his draft picks, and moves so you can at least see what his thought process is/was.

Yes, this is very impressive. Completely transparent and captivating.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 1, 2013 -> 10:39 AM)
We just didn't have anyone to blow the top off. I like Johnny as a fourth guy, given the top 3 we have

It should have been Hester. They can find a speed burner.

Two of the biggest worst plays last year were the result of Knox messing up, Cutlers thumb due to him giving up on a route and Knox breaking his back because he fumbled.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 1, 2013 -> 10:43 AM)

Two of the biggest worst plays last year were the result of Knox messing up, Cutlers thumb due to him giving up on a route and Knox breaking his back because he fumbled.

He did a lot of annoying s***, that's for sure. With that said, I don't mind the idea of a 4th wideout on his rookie contract that has already put up 960 yard and 740 yard (14 games) seasons in his past. Literally no risk in having him around.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 1, 2013 -> 04:43 PM)

He was also constantly running BEHIND the linebackers on those goal lines slants. Any wonder why cutler suddenly cut down on goal line ints? It was losing knox.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 1, 2013 -> 01:45 PM)
He was also constantly running BEHIND the linebackers on those goal lines slants. Any wonder why cutler suddenly cut down on goal line ints? It was losing knox.

The addition of Marshall, a legit end zone target helps a ton. Knox was basically the guy when he was healthy, and at 6'0" he's not an end zone target. Knox as the #4 would be a pretty big upgrade, and an injury to one of the big 3 would leave me a lot more comfortable with having Knox back.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 1, 2013 -> 11:55 AM)
Knox isn't perfect by any means, but if he is back into form he is plenty good for a 4th WR.... you aren't going to find many 4th WR's in the NFL that don't come with a list of flaws.

Knox may never walk the same let alone run the same according to the last doctor reports I heard.