2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 07:08 PM)
RGIII is game over. I respect the hell out of him but I would have went Cousins here in the 4th, he's hurting big time.

Yeah, by the 3rd quarter it was clear he just couldn't help them out there. They were going with him because he's the starter, but they were hurting their chances at winning by keeping him in there...and then that.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 07:10 PM)
RG3 just snapped his knee. Brutal. Didn't have really much to do with his previous injuries though.

Just no way the 2nd part of that is true. When you're playing on 1 and a half legs, you're stressing that thing in all sorts of weird ways.

My right knee definitely agrees with that.

Nick Friedell ‏@NickFriedell

If people thought Thibs got crushed for leaving DRose in the game late wait til they see what happens to Mike Shanahan after this one.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

RG3 should not have been in game on 1 leg. maybe theres a new appreciation in washington for kind handling of strasburg

Edited by SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 07:13 PM)

If people thought Thibs got crushed for leaving DRose in the game late wait til they see what happens to Mike Shanahan after this one.

At least here the game wasn't over...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 12:11 AM)
Just no way the 2nd part of that is true. When you're playing on 1 and a half legs, you're stressing that thing in all sorts of weird ways.

My right knee definitely agrees with that.

He should not have been out there but looks like his leg just happen to bend aka Rose. Manning the sidelines now, maybe he's miraculously all right. It looked bad.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 07:10 PM)
Pencil the Redskins in for last place next year

He's just walking around on the sideline. If it was that serious, he would not be doing so. Probably re-sprained the joint. Recovery time on the order of weeks, maybe a couple months.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 07:16 PM)
He should not have been out there but looks like his leg just happen to bend aka Rose. Manning the sidelines now, maybe he's miraculously all right. It looked bad.

Rose, I don't recall anything happening other than him landing and then going to the ground. If RG3 legitimately twisted his knee, that's a sprain, but not necessarily a tear.

Andrews himself is on the sideline. If he'd torn anything, he wouldn't be walking.

All 4 games next week should be exciting to watch.

Seahawks, 49ers, Pats and Broncos will all win.

No body will be saying the NFC West is weak anymore

Edited by SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 12:18 AM)
Rose, I don't recall anything happening other than him landing and then going to the ground. If RG3 legitimately twisted his knee, that's a sprain, but not necessarily a tear.

Andrews himself is on the sideline. If he'd torn anything, he wouldn't be walking.

It just reminded me of Rose because they both planted their foot one way, and drag their body the other.

Luckily, I think RG3 will be fine. Looked a lot worse than it was.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 07:21 PM)
All 4 games next week should be exciting to watch.

Seahawks, 49ers, Pats and Broncos will all win.

No body will be saying the NFC West is weak anymore

Again, I'll take the Packers.

Manning Brady in the AFC, rematch of the "Replacement Ref" showdown in the NFC.

Again, I'll take the Packers.

Manning Brady in the AFC, rematch of the "Replacement Ref" showdown in the NFC.

The Packers didn't impress me to much last night. They have no running game and their D is very avg

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 06:13 PM)

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

RG3 should not have been in game on 1 leg. maybe theres a new appreciation in washington for kind handling of strasburg

That Heyman tweet makes no sense, the situations weren't even close to similar.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 06:14 PM)
At least here the game wasn't over...

That Bulls game was not over.