2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 01:32 AM)
That Heyman tweet makes no sense, the situations weren't even close to similar.

That Bulls game was not over.

Up 12 with a minute left. Yeah. Probably over, but I think most coaches would have their full line-up in there.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 06:35 PM)
Up 12 with a minute left. Yeah. Probably over, but I think most coaches would have their full line-up in there.

Probably over but there have been plenty of comebacks like that, it wasn't completely over. And every coach would have had him out there.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 06:12 PM)
I feel he just didn't want to take the blame for taking him out if he was able to still walk.

I would rather take the blame for that as opposed to ruining the franchise' knee

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 06:32 PM)
That Heyman tweet makes no sense, the situations weren't even close to similar.

Totally. A similar situation would be if Strasburg was only throwing 80 mph because of an elbow injury, but the Nats kept him on the mound because it's the playoffs.

NFC games should be exciting next week. The AFC games, not so much.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 07:59 PM)
Totally. A similar situation would be if Strasburg was only throwing 80 mph because of an elbow injury, but the Nats kept him on the mound because it's the playoffs.

NFC games should be exciting next week. The AFC games, not so much.

He was making the point the the Nats kept a player coming off an injury off the field when he was could play but was at risk for further injury. While the Redskins took a player coming off an injury c and played him when there was a risk of further injury and it happened.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 06:38 PM)
Nick Friedell ‏@NickFriedell

Rose's injury was a freak accident. RG3 was already hurt and was limping around all game. Shanahan deserves criticism that will come his way

He's wrong that it was a freak injury. You had a fatigued player who tried to make a jump cut and his tired muscles couldn't keep him on balance. The ACL tore because he fell awkwardly.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 08:37 PM)
He's wrong that it was a freak injury. You had a fatigued player who tried to make a jump cut and his tired muscles couldn't keep him on balance. The ACL tore because he fell awkwardly.

I thought the acl tore when he made the jump, which is why he freaked midair and got rid of the ball right away

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 08:51 PM)
I thought the acl tore when he made the jump, which is why he freaked midair and got rid of the ball right away

He may have, it looked to me that it was more likely when he landed. Either way it was from fatigue and the muscle couldn't handle the load.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 08:36 PM)
He was making the point the the Nats kept a player coming off an injury off the field when he was could play but was at risk for further injury. While the Redskins took a player coming off an injury c and played him when there was a risk of further injury and it happened.

Strasburg was already completely healed, the situations aren't close to similar.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 08:51 PM)

Correct.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 08:58 PM)
Strasburg was already completely healed, the situations aren't close to similar.

Correct.

They were worried about the extra stress on the arm and muscle strength being able to handle the stress. So in their minds he had not fully returned from injury. So it is similar.

Most non-contact ACL injuries happened during deceleration activties (landing) not acceleration activities (jumping) so I still think it was probably the landing.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 09:06 PM)
Shouldn't the Seahawks stay on the east coast instead of flying close to 5,000 miles this week?

I would imagine everything they have for practices is in Seattle.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 09:13 PM)
The 49ers stood on the east coast inbetween games several times this past year

Clearly the 49ers are the standard and should be used as every teams goal

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 11:04 PM)
Chip Kelly is staying at Oregon

Although this seemed inevitable all day, I was really hoping he'd leave. The only reason really being that Tennessee has to play Oregon next year, and it may have helped us without Kelly coaching. We may have had a chance to lose by a little instead of losing by 40 like we will.

Edited by dasox24