2012-2013 NFL Thread

Some national media outlets (starts with E ends with N) were talking about if Cutler's NFC Championship fiasco had anything to do with RGIII going out there playing hurt.

Absolutely stupid and ridiculous. You can't let what the media, some meatball fans, and players who think they're tough sway your judgement. Your entire career is far more important than one wild card playoff game. It's not the super bowl, it's not even the NFC championship. If RGIII was thinking about something like that, then he would have gotten hurt eventually.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 9, 2013 -> 09:17 PM)
Some national media outlets (starts with E ends with N) were talking about if Cutler's NFC Championship fiasco had anything to do with RGIII going out there playing hurt.

Absolutely stupid and ridiculous. You can't let what the media, some meatball fans, and players who think they're tough sway your judgement. Your entire career is far more important than one wild card playoff game. It's not the super bowl, it's not even the NFC championship. If RGIII was thinking about something like that, then he would have gotten hurt eventually.

ESPN is unwatchable. If you crave NFL coverage, there's a channel for that. If you crave NBA coverage, there's a channel for that. If you crave MLB coverage, there's a channel for that. If you crave NHL coverage, there's a channel for that.

ESPN is getting worse by the day.

(EDIT: save NBA Countdown - best show on that channel that thankfully leads into actual basketball games)

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 08:13 AM)
ESPN is unwatchable. If you crave NFL coverage, there's a channel for that. If you crave NBA coverage, there's a channel for that. If you crave MLB coverage, there's a channel for that. If you crave NHL coverage, there's a channel for that.

(EDIT: save NBA Countdown - best show on that channel that thankfully leads into actual basketball games)

This 100%. I never watch ESPN except for Monday Night Football or if the Sox or Bulls are playing on there. I honestly can't remember the last time I sat down and watched Sportscenter or Baseball Tonight. If ESPN wants to provide the quality of coverage and analysis that MLB, NBA and NFL networks provide they desperately need an overhaul. They've had the same old people doing the same old shtick for 20+ years (I.E. Berman, Scott).

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 09:03 AM)
When I first saw the link for ESPN blaming Jay Cutler for RG3 getting hurt, I thought it was the Onion.

Cutlerface strikes again. According to Rick Reilly's in depth research, Cutlerface also is to blame for the flu epidemic

Pretty sure the music video killed the music video.

But anyway, I'm willing to deal with all that bulls*** from ESPN so long as they keep putting out their apps. I'd be very sad without the watch ESPN app. Also, college gameday is the best on saturday mornings.

But really espn is just modeling after fox news. They'll have their opinion anchors say outrageous things and then cover those outrageous things as a news story to cover where "some people are wondering whether Tebow will be the greatest QB ever, or greatestest, over to you john"

Even Yahoo! Sports ran an article about it on their front page last night. It's not only ESPN.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 09:13 AM)

I enjoy NFL Live, Mike & Mike, and SVP.

Occasionally, I'll watch SportsCenter.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 9, 2013 -> 09:17 PM)

I heard Cutler come up many times on ESPN as they discussed RG3. Most of the time, they used it as a likely outcome had Shannahan pulled Griffin out before the injury got worse. I can only recall once or maybe twice that it was insinuated that Cutler remained a p**** because of it. On the other hand, not ONCE was it mentioned that Jay actually incurred a legitimate injury in that game.

Or that he's an extremely tough SOB.

It's the only channel I've got. Basic cable :(