1 Broncos

2 Pats

3 Packers

4 Seahawks

5 Falcons

6 Texans

7 Ravens

8 49ers

:lol: Come on Knight, now that's just straight hating. I know SOXOBAMA is annoying with his homerism but the 49ers aren't the worst team right now in the playoffs. I think they'll beat the Pack but Seattle or Atlanta at home might very well knock them out.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 10:16 AM)
Schefter said Emery is getting tips on how to improve the Bears' offense for free by conducting all these interviews :)

I personally love what Emery is doing. He is getting free intel on a bunch of teams in the league. He's also getting an opportunity to see how other teams around the league view the talent on our roster. It's really smart. I don't think it's an accident he interviewed coaches from the Vikings and Pack.

He ultimately needs to find the right guy, but this is a good secondary use of his opportunity.

I'm glad to know we are thoroughly vetting numerous options. I'm starting to really believe in Emery. I was always told a bad plan is better than no plan at all. I think he knows what he's doing but wants to make sure he isn't running with blinders on. I really hope he ends up being for real. But everything he is doing is pretty much what I wanted the bears to do when running a football team. The seeking out of stats, the confidence, considering all options. Now all that he needs is results.

Yeah, I feel much better about them interviewing a lot of candidates rather than jumping on a guy like Marrone immediately.

I'm just a bit worried we'll outsmart ourselves and hire like some random linebackers coach or something that turns out to be a bust.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 10:20 AM)
I personally love what Emery is doing. He is getting free intel on a bunch of teams in the league. He's also getting an opportunity to see how other teams around the league view the talent on our roster. It's really smart. I don't think it's an accident he interviewed coaches from the Vikings and Pack.

He ultimately needs to find the right guy, but this is a good secondary use of his opportunity.

I think it is a terrible idea as teams are going to not let Emery interview guys moving forward and guys will not want to interview with him.

They just got rid of a guy who alienated most of the NFL and could not get anyone to take the DC or OC jobs.

If Emery is using this to try and figure out to make his team better he needs to be fired.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 04:29 PM)
Yeah, I feel much better about them interviewing a lot of candidates rather than jumping on a guy like Marrone immediately.

I'm just a bit worried we'll outsmart ourselves and hire like some random linebackers coach or something that turns out to be a bust.

Any coach can turn out to be a bust. But, when the pack hired McCarthy I thought they sealed irrelevancy for 3-4 more years. I don't think anyone saw Harbaugh being the great coach he is. You really don't know.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 08:34 AM)
RGKnee conversation with "Expert" at ESPN was quite informative. More at link.

I'm not sure who Stephania Bell is but her comments are pretty good. Everything she says is in line with the current surgery/rehab protocols.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 06:58 PM)
These guys egos though tell them they are worthy and have a shot.

Well, there are worse things to happen to an assistant coach then to have their name buzzed about for being head coach.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 01:52 PM)
Well, there are worse things to happen to an assistant coach then to have their name buzzed about for being head coach.

The teams letting them interview may not think so. You think Mike McCoy could be a little distracted by this when he has a game plan to implement. Now what if he interviewed every day last week and this week? Interviewing them for s***s and giggles will make a GM look bad.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 03:44 PM)
The teams letting them interview may not think so. You think Mike McCoy could be a little distracted by this when he has a game plan to implement. Now what if he interviewed every day last week and this week? Interviewing them for s***s and giggles will make a GM look bad.

They had a week off to determine the opponent. If he can't implement the game plan in a week which is usual for the regular season, he shouldn't be an OC.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 03:49 PM)
They had a week off to determine the opponent. If he can't implement the game plan in a week which is usual for the regular season, he shouldn't be an OC.

These guys work year around watching film and evaluating game plans. Are you telling me him taking a week off to interview will have no impact?