2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 18, 2012 -> 06:17 PM)
this is a real f***ing offense.....cutler is going to have a monster year

So freaking awesome watching a legitimate offense. I know it's just preseason, but it's really hard not to be excited after watching the offense so far.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 18, 2012 -> 08:44 PM)
RGIII struggling against a legit defense. That sack and forced fumble was beautiful... And what a juke by Bush on the TD run! Gosh, we look good.

It's like a normal Bears game plan except + a passing game!

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 18, 2012 -> 07:50 PM)
We killing it on offense and defense. O line still the one weak point but hopefully that improves to a more consistent level.

I think this is overblown. In Cutler's last 5 games last year, they went 5-0, averaged a bunch of points per game and the OL only gave up 5 sacks total. Now, they go one preseason game against Denver, have a bad game and everyone says they suck. Seems unfair to me.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 09:30 AM)
I think this is overblown. In Cutler's last 5 games last year, they went 5-0, averaged a bunch of points per game and the OL only gave up 5 sacks total. Now, they go one preseason game against Denver, have a bad game and everyone says they suck. Seems unfair to me.

Yeah, and in the 5 prior games they were on pace to give up an insane amount of sacks. I think people are waiting to see which offensive line rears it's head.

They're inconsistent, thats the thing. Some plays they block great. Other plays they get blown up. There was a lot to work on. This time, Carimi was getting beat left and right. Spencer kept getting pushed back.

I also saw Jonathan Wilhite getting abused all night long, but obviously he's not on the O line...

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 09:30 AM)

The line really didn't get better. They shortened the drops to get the ball out of Cutlers hands quicker.

And Jay is really good at that, I mean wow. He's really improved his pocket awareness and elusiveness out of necessity in Chicago. There is a huge drop off from Jay to Campbell in that regard. When Jason came in, he got sacked 3 times pretty quickly. Zero sacks for Jay.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
The line really didn't get better. They shortened the drops to get the ball out of Cutlers hands quicker.

Adding in Gabe Carimi and tarring and feathering Frank Omiyale is a huge, huge, huge line upgrade. That doesn't mean they don't have weaknesses...that just means Frank Omiyale was as bad of a lineman as any of us have ever seen.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 02:10 PM)
NFL "experts" that use performance in the 2nd half of a preseason game as proof of a player's talent should be fired on the spot.

So you're saying that there's no reason to think that the Jets are as bad as they looked yesterday? Yay! We can keep hearing Tim Tebow's name every 14 minutes of every day!

Adding in Gabe Carimi and tarring and feathering Frank Omiyale is a huge, huge, huge line upgrade. That doesn't mean they don't have weaknesses...that just means Frank Omiyale was as bad of a lineman as any of us have ever seen.

Thanks for reminding me of something I'd like to forget. I can't believe at one point we had Omiyale and Webb starting on the same line...

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 12:07 PM)
They're inconsistent, thats the thing. Some plays they block great. Other plays they get blown up. There was a lot to work on. This time, Carimi was getting beat left and right. Spencer kept getting pushed back.

I also saw Jonathan Wilhite getting abused all night long, but obviously he's not on the O line...

in other words they call plays like a modern NFL offense does

I saw Jay do a 7-step drop (they're not being eliminated) and they weren't just using 5 guys to protect... go figure.

Webb and Williams actually looked pretty good.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 10:15 AM)
He's got the strangest throwing motion....all he throws are wounded ducks, pretty much.

either he will reinvent himself as an H back or he will be in Arena league or CFL. NFL defenses are too good for the gimmick offenses that have to be designed to allow him to succeed

Thats what I thought the Jets would do, I thought he could create a nice niche for himself in the league by converting to a RB role. But apparently they're letting him throw the ball for some reason...I have no idea what the Jets are doing over there.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 11:07 AM)
Thats what I thought the Jets would do, I thought he could create a nice niche for himself in the league by converting to a RB role. But apparently they're letting him throw the ball for some reason...I have no idea what the Jets are doing over there.

I dont think they know what they are doing either. And if it plays out like it looks like it will, there are gonna be some pissed off fans this fall/winter in NY

most fans that I saw seemed to know that it was a mistake to invite Tebow to NY in the first place. Why invite that media circus? Why create a melodramatic QB controversy that would drag itself out in painful detail in the media for the whole year? If you need a back up, get a back up. If you need a RB, get a running back. It didn't have to be Tebow.

It made no sense to me from the get go

I thought if someone just committed him to being a goal line package QB it seemed a worthy goal to try out. I still think that could work. But nobody is willing to specialize the QB position (and if i were a starting QB i'd be pissed because my incentives would be cut.)

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 11:18 AM)
I thought if someone just committed him to being a goal line package QB it seemed a worthy goal to try out. I still think that could work. But nobody is willing to specialize the QB position (and if i were a starting QB i'd be pissed because my incentives would be cut.)

Not only starting QB, but also running backs. It would piss off a lot of people, really. You are basically asking the offense to shoulder the load of going the length of the field only to hand off to a quarterback that cannot throw because he is famous and fast.