2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 11:33 AM)
I wear a knee brace after my MCL injury. And its 100% so I dont hyperextend it because it hurts like a motherf***er when that happens.

The is true for the MCL. The medial meniscus has a connection to the MCL so the injuries do frequently occur together. That really isn't much of a problem. It's the PCL that will cause the problems if it was stretched or torn too much. If it's healed he shouldn't have any more problems.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 06:13 PM)
John Mullin on CTL: this was Urlacher's 3rd surgery since week 17.

CSN Chicago's John "Moon" Mullin reports Bears MLB Brian Urlacher's recent left knee surgery to alleviate swelling and soreness was not the first of the offseason.

Two sources confirm Urlacher underwent a "non-invasive" procedure shortly after the season finale. One source added that Urlacher required an additional surgery in the spring. There's no indication that any of the procedures were more serious than a scope, but it's obviously a concern that Urlacher isn't fully recovered after eight months. The Pro Bowler reiterated his belief Thursday that he will be on the field for the season opener.

Per Rotoworld

Bears have been doing alot of bulls***ting on this one.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 10:48 AM)
This should of happened in the spring someone on Bears dropped the ball.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 11:07 PM)
Bears have been doing alot of bulls***ting on this one.

ok, So they dont come out and tell you that Urlacher has already had surgery and the Bears screwed up. Now they do come out and tell you he had surgery and the Bears screwed up.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 04:16 PM)
The is true for the MCL. The medial meniscus has a connection to the MCL so the injuries do frequently occur together. That really isn't much of a problem. It's the PCL that will cause the problems if it was stretched or torn too much. If it's healed he shouldn't have any more problems.

I really wish you could look at my knees, my pain just below my kneecap is back in both knees even after rehab and I'm afraid to go back to the doc and once again see there is nothing they can see wrong. WTF is wrong with these f***ers.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 12:32 PM)
ok, So they dont come out and tell you that Urlacher has already had surgery and the Bears screwed up. Now they do come out and tell you he had surgery and the Bears screwed up.

One thing about Soxfest, he is consistent.

The way I look at it is this, the NFL has always been a league that withholds injury information. Belichek is famous for his injured list descriptions of players and whether they may or may not play. The Bears arent doing anything completely out of the ordinary. It sucks that Urlachers knee isnt healed, it really does, but the Bears could not force him to have a surgical procedure. Plus, from everything i have read it seems like what was done was pretty much par for the course, it was a sprained MCL, it wasnt like they had to go in and repair a MCL that was torn.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 12:32 PM)

No reason to play secret squirrel about it since January.

I get why it's kind of annoying that the Bears don't tell you everything about injuries (as if you had some Constitutional right to know or something) but I don't get why people are ANGRY about it. Why? What if they had told you up front, assuming they knew he wouldn't be healed by now? Then what? Would you feel better? Could you do anything about it? No. Just get over it. No point in s***ting your f***in pants about it.

I really think fans think certain organizations are omnipotent and omniscient. No. Thats not how things work in the real world.

Occams Razor. Whats more likely: That the Bears knew about this beforehand and purposefully engaged in a media conspiracy to keep this news from you? Or maybe they just didn't know. Maybe there was some miscommunication.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 18, 2012 -> 07:12 PM)
I really think fans think certain organizations are omnipotent and omniscient. No. Thats not how things work in the real world.

Occams Razor. Whats more likely: That the Bears knew about this beforehand and purposefully engaged in a media conspiracy to keep this news from you? Or maybe they just didn't know. Maybe there was some miscommunication.

There is zero chance the Bears didn't know about a previous surgery by Urlacher. Hell, if nothing else, they paid for it.

It's considered a minor, noninvasive type of surgery so it's possible that Urlacher did this through personal channels. Or, perhaps there was some miscommunication on behalf of Urlacher, the Bears, the sources, the reporter who broke the story and the fans.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 18, 2012 -> 07:35 PM)
It's considered a minor, noninvasive type of surgery so it's possible that Urlacher did this through personal channels. Or, perhaps there was some miscommunication on behalf of Urlacher, the Bears, the sources, the reporter who broke the story and the fans.

Again, the Bears pay for Urlacher's health care. Unless he was trying to cover it up from the Bears by going overseas Ordonez style, and paying cash for a minor scope out of his own pocket, the Bears would receive those health care records.