Giving up anything for Lent?

Milkman delivers

Sweets/Restaurants/Alcohol. I think for the most part drinking has lost it's luster for me and it was something I've stopped despite Lent since the very beginning of January, but it sounds more impressive if it looks like I gave up three things.

I want to try no meat for an extended period of time, but in a Polish household, meat is pretty much a staple of every meal ever (aside from Christmas Eve). I tried it once and it was laughably unsuccessful despite me being sincere about it. Essentially it was a day or so of having my motives questioned and mocked, followed by (surprise) my favorite meat dish making an improbable appearance at dinner the next day.

Haha.

Not a f***ing thing. I usually make sure to get a big old hamburger on Fridays during lent, since I work at a religious cable TV network.

Reminded me of when I was at Notre Dame. The student dining halls, who got 95% of their money from room and board paid by the semester, would not serve any meat on Fridays during Lent.

The student center and other retail food outlets on campus, all of which made their money from direct sales, all served their full menus.

Hypocrisy much?