ST Game 2: CWS @ LAAAAAAAAA, 2:05pm CT

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Six walks so far by White Sox hurlers, and counting.

Veal gets out of it finally in the 7th, top of the 8th with Sox batters getting 2 more opportunities.

Will hopefully get another Mitchell at-bat, hopefully he can carry forward the good momentum from yesterday.

Brandon Short K's. Delwyn Young, former Dodgers 4th OF. Unassisted PO to 1B. Josh Phegley up. Hit by low and inside pitch.

LH Tyler Kuhn up to bat. Kuhn a career .314 minor league hitter who we didn't protect, UWV product.

Another unassisted grounder to 1B. BLECCCCCH.

Edited by caulfield12

Ryan Langerhans sighting.

Trout still not quite ready to play.

Angels announcers claiming Anthony Carter tops out at 97 MPH. Not so sure about that.

Brandon Short with a nice diving/airborne catch in the outfield that got the crowd a little bit excited.

Carter gets the Angels 1-2-3. Dallas McPherson with a couple of plays at 3B the last two innings.

Edited by caulfield12

Yay, Mitchell took an 0-2 pitch and lined it to LF. Nice things from Drew so far these first two games.

Mitchell steals 2B, catcher's indifference. At least he's being aggressive.

McPherson K'ed twice, and Ozzie Martinez did something uneventful and boring to get out...just like his namesake the former Sox manager.

Olmedo grounds out to end the game, 4-3 PO.

Sox with 9 hits and 9 LOB.

Danks and Omogrosso struggled. Beckham 2 hits. Drew Mitchell with 2 hits in 2 days.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
So how does Beckham's stance look? Trying to get that stock to come back up since he's one of the few I felt ballsy enough to get an authentic jersey of a couple years ago!

Same as last year. Looks like he's a bit too far off the plate.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
So how does Beckham's stance look? Trying to get that stock to come back up since he's one of the few I felt ballsy enough to get an authentic jersey of a couple years ago!

Thing I notice about Beckham...and I'm sure somebody will correct me...but to me he had this "deer in the headlights" look last year. I really haven't noticed any drastic adjustments stance-wise...but he seems to have this serious/pissed off look on his face this year...all bidness. I might be reading into it a little...but that's what I've seen these first two games. Goin' again tomorrow. Best part of today was just getting some sun and drinkin' some beers. I hate driving out to that stadium...

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 07:19 PM)
I want Adam Dunn to sprint when he walks or hits a HR. Show some appreciation for the game.

I just want Adam Dunn to hit a HR. I don't care if he runs, walks, skips, or crawls around the bases, just hit the ball over the damn fence 30+ times this season.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 08:21 PM)
I had to take a picture of the Italian ice guy because he's easily the coolest vendor at Camelback.

you gonna be there tomorrow Ed?... I'll be in 108 again. Guy with shaved head/goatee, black t-shirt and sox tan league championship hat. Gimme a shout out if ya see me...