The Official Thread for Joe Cowley and his Agenda.

Jack Parkman

If you were arguing with me about in the gamethread yesterday about the Sox and the management of his ankle injury, you should read this article. I know you guys hate Cowley(I do too for the most part), but he seems to agree with me on this issue.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/11546180-41...orst-enemy.html

Also read Post #13 on WSI in their thread on this article

The poster is a mod. I don't think he would have posted that if he didn't trust his source.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbullet...ad.php?t=133366

Edited by southsider2k5

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m no pitching coach. I’m certainly no Don Cooper, who by all accounts can make the blind see and make bad pitchers throw strikes. But I’m almost positive they had video in 2010. Cooper never bothered to watch the Peavy who went 19-6 in 2007 and compare him to where he was in 2010?

That in itself is a fireable offense.

He is quite the piece of work, that Cowley.

The title of the article: "White Sox have replaced Jake Peavy as his worst enemy" then he puts IN THE ARTICLE "First and foremost, Peavy is his own worst enemy." Well done.

Then:

At that point, then-manager Ozzie Guillen should have vetoed his GM’s persistence to march his big acquisition to the mound and told Williams, “We don’t need to see him this year.’’

Then again, who knows where the communication was between Guillen and Williams.

Very nice.

Dear Sun-Times, please get a server that's remotely in the same ballpark as the Tribune in terms of speed.

In China, it takes 10X longer to get a Sun Times article to come up in the browser, and usually it has that "stretched print" effect when you click to go down further to continue reading an article.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
Dear Sun-Times, please get a server that's remotely in the same ballpark as the Tribune in terms of speed.

In China, it takes 10X longer to get a Sun Times article to come up in the browser, and usually it has that "stretched print" effect when you click to go down further to continue reading an article.

In people's republic of China, article reads you.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 11:18 PM)
Cowley is a bad journalist.

Without question. But is he entertaining? I'd say no. His motives are too transparent in my opinion. I would actually say that Maronotti (spelling?) was less transparent and more entertaining.

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (MAX @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 11:56 PM)
But is he entertaining? I'd say no. His motives are too transparent in my opinion. I would actually say that Maronotti (spelling?) was less transparent.

1) Not transparent and clearly biased

2) Not entertaining

3) Tries to abuse status as journalist

4) In summation, he sucks.

This is just an awful, awful article by Cowley. I honestly want to give the guy a chance just because he gets buried so often (and I'm a sucker for people who get bashed a lot, even if they deserve it), but he is an inexcusably terrible journalist. The vast majority of his article is unsubstantiated claims made to look like they're backed up by quotes, but even a first-grader's analysis of his logic should reveal a boatload of flaws. He's not a stupid person, so it's clear his poor logic is intentionally designed to suit his narrative. In this case, his narrative agrees with you, Elgin, but it doesn't really support your position much because he doesn't back up his claims with any substantive evidence.

I didn't read the WSI post because I don't have an account and don't care to get one. Summary?

I thought Cowley and Peavy were feuding not so long ago about the internecine warfare in the clubhouse the last 4-6 weeks of the season, and Cowley claiming that Ozzie said Peavy basically quit on him (conveniently omitting the fact that Ozzie quit on the White Sox franchise, its fans and Reinsdorf).

There's absolutely ZERO way in h e double hockey sticks that Cowley got any of these quotes from Peavy recently.

It's like one of those doctored political ads where they take single words or phrases from past speeches and quotes and change it into something altogether different for dramatic effect.

Ridiculous.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 01:24 AM)
I thought Cowley and Peavy were feuding not so long ago about the internecine warfare in the clubhouse the last 4-6 weeks of the season, and Cowley claiming that Ozzie said Peavy basically quit on him (conveniently omitting the fact that Ozzie quit on the White Sox franchise, its fans and Reinsdorf).

There's absolutely ZERO way in h e double hockey sticks that Cowley got any of these quotes from Peavy recently.

It's like one of those doctored political ads where they take single words or phrases from past speeches and quotes and change it into something altogether different for dramatic effect.

Ridiculous.

Pretty much!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 12:24 AM)

Ridiculous.

QUOTE (MAX @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 11:56 PM)
Without question. But is he entertaining? I'd say no. His motives are too transparent in my opinion. I would actually say that Maronotti (spelling?) was less transparent and more entertaining.

Jay just hated on everyone instead of playing favorites with who would talk to him.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 12:19 AM)
This is just an awful, awful article by Cowley. I honestly want to give the guy a chance just because he gets buried so often (and I'm a sucker for people who get bashed a lot, even if they deserve it), but he is an inexcusably terrible journalist. The vast majority of his article is unsubstantiated claims made to look like they're backed up by quotes, but even a first-grader's analysis of his logic should reveal a boatload of flaws. He's not a stupid person, so it's clear his poor logic is intentionally designed to suit his narrative. In this case, his narrative agrees with you, Elgin, but it doesn't really support your position much because he doesn't back up his claims with any substantive evidence.

I didn't read the WSI post because I don't have an account and don't care to get one. Summary?

:notworthy

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 12:24 AM)

Ridiculous.

No matter the topic, I always have to look up something from your posts because I have no idea what it is. Today it's that word, yesterday it was Fuzzy Zoeller.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 08:32 AM)
No matter the topic, I always have to look up something from your posts because I have no idea what it is. Today it's that word, yesterday it was Fuzzy Zoeller.

LMAO, I read it and thought to myself "time to go to websters online"

in·ter·ne·cine adj

\ˌin-tər-ˈne-ˌsēn, -ˈnē-sən, -ˈnē-ˌsīn, -nə-ˈsēn; in-ˈtər-nə-ˌsēn\

Definition of INTERNECINE

1: marked by slaughter : deadly; especially : mutually destructive

2: of, relating to, or involving conflict within a group

My favorite part of the article...

I’m no pitching coach. I’m certainly no Don Cooper, who by all accounts can make the blind see and make bad pitchers throw strikes. But I’m almost positive they had video in 2010. Cooper never bothered to watch the Peavy who went 19-6 in 2007 and compare him to where he was in 2010?

Followed by:

“Then we didn’t realize it until May 2010, when we went back and looked at tape [from] San Diego. I wasn’t even standing on the mound the same way.

What the f*** Cowley, that's two paragraphs later you confirm they did look at tape.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 12:19 AM)

The poster there stated that a source said that Peavy considered suing the Sox for making him pitch in 2009. Poster also said that this was before he got injured in 2010.

Edited by Elgin Slim

I just wonder why it was a fireable offense for Cooper and not Guilen and why Cowley waited until March 2012 to write it. Isn't the Peavy ankle injury old news?

I guess Joe's agenda for baseball season this year is to rip KW and Cooper any chance he can get and mention Ozzie as much as possible. His meal ticket is in Miami. That must really suck for him.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 31, 2012 -> 07:39 AM)
I just wonder why it was a fireable offense for Cooper and not Guilen and why Cowley waited until March 2012 to write it. Isn't the Peavy ankle injury old news?

I guess Joe's agenda for baseball season this year is to rip KW and Cooper any chance he can get and mention Ozzie as much as possible. His meal ticket is in Miami. That must really suck for him.

He has nothing left. His sources are all in Miami, which is why he is relegated to writing the same story over and over again.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 08:32 AM)

I feel like caulfield is the the wise man on the mountain of SoxTalk. Always gives long winded, rambling answers with stuff you don't know in it, but there's wisdom in there.