White Sox @ Rangers

justBLAZE

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
He is scheduled to start the Sox home opener, BTW.

Might be an oblique strain on the LH side.

Apparently, he (Fister) was a bit touchy going into this start.

Quietly, Cespedes already has 2 homers on the Left Coast and nobody knows what the heck is going on with Jorge Soler.

Royals out 4-0 over Danny Haren, who was nearly untouchable this spring.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 05:26 PM)
Might be an oblique strain on the LH side.

Apparently, he (Fister) was a bit touchy going into this start.

Quietly, Cespedes already has 2 homers on the Left Coast and nobody knows what the heck is going on with Jorge Soler.

Royals out 4-0 over Danny Haren, who was nearly untouchable this spring.

Did you see Cespedes' homer yesterday? An absolute BOMB & he had a pose at home plate that the Mariners pitcher didn't like too much.

Think it was the longest homer so far in majors.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 04:30 PM)
Did you see Cespedes' homer yesterday? An absolute BOMB & he had a pose at home plate that the Mariners pitcher didn't like too much.

Think it was the longest homer so far in majors.

Yup, 13 foot longer than Dunn's.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 04:21 PM)
It seemed that way for the 2006 White Sox as well. That's why they have to play the games.

Tigers have more talent than the 06 Sox, in my opinion. Plus lesser division opposition.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 03:27 PM)
I'm just assuming that the Sox best chance at the playoffs this year, as remote as they are, is to win the second wildcard over Boston, Toronto, and Tampa Bay. So Go Tigers over Boston. And at the end of the day, I'd rather have the Blue Jays in there over Boston, so again, Go Tigers.

We are two games into the season. Just a tad early to start talking playoff scenarios.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 04:52 PM)
We are two games into the season. Just a tad early to start talking playoff scenarios.

Says you. If fangraphs, SI, and every random blogger can have projections and opinions, so can I.

Valentine and Cherington are already in trouble and it's only the 2nd game of the season.

They're going to have to move Bard to the back of the pen or trade a king's ransom for Gavin Floyd.

Beckett just doesn't have the crispness on his pitches that he used to...might be related to the thumb problem, but he just doesn't look right.

Dating back to last year, 7-22 now. In the middle of their horrid start and ending, they were the 2006 White Sox offensively.

Everybody freaking out about the Tigers on the THIRD day of the season...just let the season play out. It's two freakin' games in. The Sox were 2-0 last year and looked unstoppable.

It's gonna wear us out enough just worrying about the Sox this season...let alone having panic attacks every time a Detroit player hits a home run. OMG they're gonna be 2-0 at home. Big whoop.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 04:59 PM)
Everybody freaking out about the Tigers on the THIRD day of the season...just let the season play out. It's two freakin' games in. The Sox were 2-0 last year and looked unstoppable.

It's gonna wear us out enough just worrying about the Sox this season...let alone having panic attacks every time a Detroit player hits a home run. OMG they're gonna be 2-0 at home. Big whoop.

Nobody is freaking out, chief. Well, you are. But that's about it.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 05:39 PM)
Tigers have more talent than the 06 Sox, in my opinion. Plus lesser division opposition.

IN hindsight of course. But going into that season,k that pitching staff looked ridiculous.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 09:39 PM)
Yup, 13 foot longer than Dunn's.

I saw Dunn's homer on TV watching the game yesterday and even the Ranger announcers were impressed and said that homer could have gone farther if not stopped by the upper deck. It might have been mammoth and 441 ain't bad

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 06:08 PM)
2 hours before game time, and no word on Viciedo. Shouldn't there be a reason for the changed lineup?

If he's not hurt, at least in a year, I can rant about how Viciedo was already getting benched and punished on day 2 of the season.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 06:24 PM)
Shouldn't the punishment be sitting against a RHP, though?

Punished for what, not having Alex Rios' contract?

He at least had a double yesterday and got totally jobbed on a strike 3 call that was well off the plate.

That sounds like plenty of reasons for the Sox to punish the guy. They've benched rookies for less than hitting a double.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 04:28 PM)
May never hear a reason but if he's fine no reason to sit him.

he was listed in the lineup, then the lineup was revised. usually that's an injury - or at least precautionary - scratch. not a "i've decided he shouldn't play against derek holland" scratch.