White Sox @ Rangers

justBLAZE

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Floyd and Harrison have historically struggled in April. Floyd's April ERA is 5.71 -- the ninth-highest among 119 active Major League pitchers with at least 10 career starts in April -- while Harrison's April ERA is 5.42 -- the 13th highest.

Although it's always difficult to judge how Spring Training numbers will translate to the regular season, Harrison has reason to be optimistic. He was the Rangers' best pitcher in camp -- posting a 1.69 ERA and .190 average against -- thanks in large part to concentrating on stepping straight toward the hitter and driving straight downhill. In the past, he had a tendency to stop to the side.

"This makes me more consistent hitting my spots. I'm not pulling off," Harrison said. "I do that when I try to throw too hard. I pull off and not hit my spots. Going downhill makes my curve a lot sharper and my slider more of a real slider."

While Harrison had an impressive spring, Floyd struggled, posting a 6.64 ERA in 20 1/3 innings as opposing batters hit .296 against him. Part of the reason for those high marks was the usual Spring Training tinkering, as Floyd worked on expanding his arsenal.

"I worked on my changeup, I worked on a cutter, I worked on using both sides of plate with all my pitches," Floyd said after his final Cactus League outing. "I'm trying to refine things, trying to get better as a pitcher. Things have been going real well."

www.mlb.com

Josh Hamilton is 6/10 off Floyd.

Konerko is something like 1/10 or 1/11 against Harrison.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 10:11 AM)
ESPN Sunday night game tonight. See you all behind the big screen

We made to ESPN Sunday night game! We cannot be too bad or boring! Let us screwball the rANGERS tonight and win this series.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 12:56 PM)
We made to ESPN Sunday night game! We cannot be too bad or boring! Let us screwball the rANGERS tonight and win this series.

Not to sound too skeptical, but isn't every team supposed to have at leas one appearance on Sunday night baseball? Looks to me like ESPN gambled that Yu Darvish would be pitching tonight. Even if he wasn't the 2 time defending AL champs could draw some ratings even if paired agains a mediocre to bad team.

Bob

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 08:27 AM)
Alex is 3-7 lifetime against Harrison, and Lillibridge is 3-10...wouldn't mind seeing De Aza take a seat today and playing Brent in center.

Why not Rios in CF and Lillibridge in RF if you sit De Aza? I agree with sitting the lefty De Aza. Already going to have lefties AJ and Dunn in the lineup.

According to Vegas, we are huge underdogs in this game. Great game to make a statement. Underdogs, prime time ESPN, playing defending AL Champs in their ballpark.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)
Why not Rios in CF and Lillibridge in RF if you sit De Aza? I agree with sitting the lefty De Aza. Already going to have lefties AJ and Dunn in the lineup.

According to Vegas, we are huge underdogs in this game. Great game to make a statement. Underdogs, prime time ESPN, playing defending AL Champs in their ballpark.

The Bridge wasn't exactly bad in CF last year.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)

I don't want to mess with Alex. Let's keep him in right and let him focus on hitting.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 01:41 PM)
I don't want to mess with Alex. Let's keep him in right and let him focus on hitting.

Just asking. I don't mind either way. But I still remember those nice catches TLB made in RF in NY last year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)
Really, you can predict the weather this accurately 5.5 hours out?

Not only the weather, but the pace of the baseball game as well...and better than the guy who lives near the stadium also:)

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 03:11 PM)
Unless someone in your family has been killed by a drunk driver, then, not so much.

Oh for the love of...

If we've always got to be afraid to laugh at something because of some completely unrelated tragedy that has occurred to someone else, then we'll never be able to laugh comfortably.

Lighten-up.

Edited by iamshack