4/20/12 GT Sox @ Mariners, 9:10pm WGN

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 05:42 PM)
Can we all agree that if Morel goes 2-20 with 10 K's on this roadtrip, he's got to go down?

Not a chance we will all agree on anything.

And I don't agree with what you said. Id give him much more of a chance than that. Probably at least another 100 ab.

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 04:35 PM)
Morel is gonna have to go 0-42 before he's dropped...

What was Robin's infamous career starting streak - something like 0 for 41? I know this isn't Morel's MLB debut, but perhaps personal experience will make Robin more patient than most folks around here will be able to stand. :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 05:57 PM)
What was Robin's infamous career starting streak - something like 0 for 41? I know this isn't Morel's MLB debut, but perhaps personal experience will make Robin more patient than most folks around here will be able to stand. :gosoxretro:

Actually it wasn't robins debut and also it wasn't as bad as people have been lead to believe. Its a myth. I think people attribute the myth to hawk.

QUOTE (MAX @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 05:49 PM)
Not a chance we will all agree on anything.

And I don't agree with what you said. Id give him much more of a chance than that. Probably at least another 100 ab.

Yeah, let's just fall out of it as soon as possible, even with a pitching staff good enough to make the playoffs. Sounds like a plan.

QUOTE (MAX @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 06:01 PM)
Actually it wasn't robins debut and also it wasn't as bad as people have been lead to believe. Its a myth. I think people attribute the myth to hawk.

Ventura was 15-65 (.231) in his career when the 0-41 started in his last AB 4-18-90. His AB before the 0-41 started was a HR off Clemens.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 06:04 PM)
Yeah, let's just fall out of it as soon as possible, even with a pitching staff good enough to make the playoffs. Sounds like a plan.

Lol. So much drama. The plan is to give the guy a chance to succeed. The 40 ab you proposed is not enough of a chance.

QUOTE (MAX @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)

Shocking. Though I prefer old Robin legends to Dwight Evans or Yaz.

QUOTE (MAX @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 06:11 PM)
Lol. So much drama. The plan is to give the guy a chance to succeed. The 40 ab you proposed is not enough of a chance.

The first step would be dropping to 8. If they really want him to start 6-60, then what choice do they have? Just lose with him? At that point, let him go down and figure it out.

Now that I've jinxed this sufficiently, he'll go 3-4 tonight.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 06:09 PM)
Ventura was 15-65 (.231) in his career when the 0-41 started in his last AB 4-18-90. His AB before the 0-41 started was a HR off Clemens.

So there was a 41 ab hitless streak in his first full season. I thought even that part was bull. How many games was it?