4/22/12 GT Sox @ Mariners 3:10pm, CSN

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 05:44 PM)
You almost wonder if the pressure of that contract is affecting Danks this year.

Normally, you could blame it on the lack of offensive support, but he just hasn't seemed quite right this year, as we're all noting.

He's battling, but the results just aren't there. It's like he's fighting himself right now. That throw over to Dunn really bothered him too and got him flustered visibly.

Not really, again I don't know about the early season velocity last year, but Danks has had these stretches over and over in his career, and the worst of them was to open the season last year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 03:45 PM)
Not really, again I don't know about the early season velocity last year, but Danks has had these stretches over and over in his career, and the worst of them was to open the season last year.

exactly.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 04:42 PM)
There's about a 5-6 mph difference between fastball and change-up.

The Golden Rule of pitching is you should have at least two pitches you can throw with confidence/command/location with a 10+ MPH diffferential between them. Whether it's a curve or change or screwball or slurve or whatever.

Maddux even said 20 MPH, and used the example of the success of Jamie Moyer at his age.

Baltimore sure isn't sustaining their success against us out in Anaheim.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 04:45 PM)
is there a single point at which i said danks was pitching well?

Did I ever say that? You told me I wasnt watching the game when I said Danks wasnt pitching well. :lolhitting

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 04:44 PM)
You almost wonder if the pressure of that contract is affecting Danks this year.

Normally, you could blame it on the lack of offensive support, but he just hasn't seemed quite right this year, as we're all noting.

He's battling, but the results just aren't there. It's like he's fighting himself right now. That throw over to Dunn really bothered him too and got him flustered visibly.

Why would his new contract affect his velocity?

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
Did I ever say that? You told me I wasnt watching the game when I said Danks wasnt pitching well. :lolhitting

haha you were blaming that inning on danks. I blame that inning on the defense.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 04:48 PM)
haha you were blaming that inning on danks. I blame that inning on the defense.

Wrong...I simply said the defense wasnt the only problem. Im sorry that you couldnt see that.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)

Who is in your avatar?

Is that Zack Galifanickis?

You and Jeffro always take the same positions and also both have hairy bearded men in your avatars.

Edited by iamshack

Konerko is just a professional hitter...takes almost every pitch where it's located. Going to RF more often this season than ever before.

Used to turn over his hands and pull those ball on the ground in years past. Still does it occasionally, but not nearly as often.