SOX/TIGERS Rubber Match

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2012 -> 03:28 PM)
Right now, it's pretty easy for opposing managers to bring in lefty relievers to get ADA and Dunn out. By having to use Lillibridge at 3b cause Morel sucks, it's really negating Ventura's options. That's why getting someone who can back-up at 3rd base for Morel and sending down Escobar is pretty critical right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2012 -> 03:32 PM)
Regardless of the outcome today, anyone who doesn't think this is a rebuilding year just needs to see who we're putting on the mound today. This is a big outing for Santiago here, as if he struggles in middle relief, then you think about sending him to the minors to stretch out until Thornton is dealt.

I like how in the first post, we need to get someone who can be an immediate upgrade over Morel to win games, and in the 2nd post, it's a rebuilding year.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2012 -> 07:33 PM)
I like how in the first post, we need to get someone who can be an immediate upgrade over Morel to win games, and in the 2nd post, it's a rebuilding year.

I think I was supporting your thoughts on Morel with what I said. I don't like using Lillibridge (especially against RHP) to take away at bats from Morel. Trying to use Lillibridge as a band aid at 3b just throws everything else into a state of disarray. If you're going to not use Morel, then have it be someone who's not Escobar.

Seems like one of those games that if it was the Sox stranding all those runners, it would be such a matter of time before opposition hits a 2 run homer. Get someone on for PK this inning and let him get a fastball.

The way Hector is pitching is exactly the way pitchers that struggle to adjust to relieving pitch. He may adjust, but this is what it looks like. Had we known Sale was going to sure up the end of the ballgames I don't see any way we wouldn't want Santiago starting right now.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 6, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)
The way Hector is pitching is exactly the way pitchers that struggle to adjust to relieving pitch. He may adjust, but this is what it looks like. Had we known Sale was going to sure up the end of the ballgames I don't see any way we wouldn't want Santiago starting right now.

I'd have said the same thing about Zach Stewart too.