SOX/TIGERS Rubber Match

QUOTE (Jake @ May 6, 2012 -> 03:01 PM)
He just needs to be a starting pitcher. We have no need for him in our bullpen anymore. Before he's ruined as a prospect, get him ready to be a starter

I don't see how that is going to make him tougher to hit. He wasn't considered much of a prospect before a nice spring training. He's showing everyone why.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 6, 2012 -> 09:02 PM)
I don't see how that is going to make him tougher to hit. He wasn't considered much of a prospect before a nice spring training. He's showing everyone why.

+1...never has someone lived off of one long relief outing and Spring Training stats as much as he has.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 6, 2012 -> 02:01 PM)
He just needs to be a starting pitcher. We have no need for him in our bullpen anymore. Before he's ruined as a prospect, get him ready to be a starter

A starter?! This guy is barely functional in basic relief. We have no need for him on our team anymore, anywhere. He's garbage. I'm at the point where I'm ready to root for him to fail each and every time to get the point across. He needs to go away.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 6, 2012 -> 04:02 PM)

Dude throws a 94 mph fastball, is pretty young, is a lefty, and actually has solid control on that fastball. If he wasn't considered much of a prospect, who cares?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2012 -> 07:32 PM)
Regardless of the outcome today, anyone who doesn't think this is a rebuilding year just needs to see who we're putting on the mound today. This is a big outing for Santiago here, as if he struggles in middle relief, then you think about sending him to the minors to stretch out until Thornton is dealt.

I know it's a throwaway year, but rebuilding?

Who are the players doing the building?

It's just going to be a blah year but I don't see where the team is rebuilding anything with this roster?

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ May 6, 2012 -> 08:03 PM)
A starter?! This guy is barely functional in basic relief. We have no need for him on our team anymore, anywhere. He's garbage. I'm at the point where I'm ready to root for him to fail each and every time to get the point across. He needs to go away.

Question to ask yourself...when Ventura compared him to John Franco, did he mean John Franco now?

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ May 6, 2012 -> 03:03 PM)

that's ridiculous.

He was at least a decent starting pitcher at the lower levels before adding the screwball, which seemed to make him pretty darn good. He has a starter's repertoire and didn't have these kind of control issues as a starter. I have to think being a reliever, being a major leaguer has made this control issue worse. Let him pitch to worse hitters with a routine he's accustomed to (long warm-up, less pressure situations) and see if he develops.