Slow pitch softball thread

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 28, 2013 -> 04:54 PM)
Tournaments are a blast, But you really feel it the next day. I played a tournament in roselle a few years back an we played 4 games in 95 degree weather. I felt very old the next few days.

I'm feeling it right now. I finished a 3 hour nap just now.

We played our last 3 games without a break. I was also stupid and didn't bring anything to eat, so I was more or less starving during the last two games.

Edited by chw42

Had my last tourney of the season today...and it kinda sucked.

We went in thinking we'd go really far (we went 6-2 in the regular season and won our last 4 with ease), but we ran into the best team in the tourney in the first game and lost by 10. Then we rebounded with two pretty nice victories and ended up losing to a decent, but not great team in the 4th game by 12 runs. We couldn't really hit the entire tournament, outside of a few innings.

The good teams have a lot of good outfielders with good range and a lot of our hits just weren't falling. I went 0-6 in the two games we lost as the #2 hitter...so I was probably a big reason why we couldn't score runs. Our 1-2-3 just didn't have it today. I also ate some dirt on a head first slide into third...never doing that again.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 09:43 PM)
Had my last tourney of the season today...and it kinda sucked.

We went in thinking we'd go really far (we went 6-2 in the regular season and won our last 4 with ease), but we ran into the best team in the tourney in the first game and lost by 10. Then we rebounded with two pretty nice victories and ended up losing to a decent, but not great team in the 4th game by 12 runs. We couldn't really hit the entire tournament, outside of a few innings.

The good teams have a lot of good outfielders with good range and a lot of our hits just weren't falling. I went 0-6 in the two games we lost as the #2 hitter...so I was probably a big reason why we couldn't score runs. Our 1-2-3 just didn't have it today. I also ate some dirt on a head first slide into third...never doing that again.

Sounds like you guys had a pretty good overall season though. We still have about 3 weeks left including playoffs

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 09:50 PM)
Sounds like you guys had a pretty good overall season though. We still have about 3 weeks left including playoffs

Fall season starts Monday for us, we still have 6 weeks left. But I don't think we get a postseason tourney for fall and I'll be in Houston for the last tournament of the year.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 10:16 PM)
We won via forfeit thurs because other team didnt have enough guys. Weak

I hate that. It's nice to have a free win, but what's the point of playing recreational softball when you're not even going to play? Did you guys at least scrimmage or something afterwards?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 10:21 PM)
I hate that. It's nice to have a free win, but what's the point of playing recreational softball when you're not even going to play? Did you guys at least scrimmage or something afterwards?

No. We were told well ahead of time, which was nice, so we didn't even drive out there. Still brutal though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 10:29 PM)
No. We were told well ahead of time, which was nice, so we didn't even drive out there. Still brutal though.

We are forfeiting ahead of time for our Thursday kickball game. Almost all of the guys have Bears tickets, that's a valid excuse in my book.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my first walk-off win tonight.

I missed a go-ahead home run in the 6th by about 10 feet (just got under it), but we were able to hold them in extras and score on an error to win it. Good times.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 25, 2013 -> 12:21 AM)
3 dingers and a triple tonight. On fire. All fields too. Love those kind of night where your swing is just always square and the OF cant do anything.

Nice night!

We were down one going into the bottom of the 7th and I led off with an oppo triple down the line. It felt really good.

Got the game winning sac fly in game 2 also. It was a good night.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 25, 2013 -> 12:32 AM)
Nice night!

We were down one going into the bottom of the 7th and I led off with an oppo triple down the line. It felt really good.

Got the game winning sac fly in game 2 also. It was a good night.

Check your PM's dude.

Yeah one of those nights where I got my arms extended twice then got one I could pull and hammered it. Knocked in 7 for the night. Put us in the winners bracket for playoffs. I'll tell you though, cold weather softball sucks compared to summer. Sucks bad. I have a disorder where my circulation sucks in my fingers and I have to wear gloves, and the other teams rib me to no end.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 25, 2013 -> 08:34 AM)
It was very cold last night

We scored 22 in the first and started screwing around, batting lefty and such. One guy, just one guy, took offense thinking we were trying to humiliate them, and we weren't at all. We seriously could've put up 50.

We started switching positions for fun and I got stuck at pitcher for an inning. Had 2 Ks. My first three pitches were all short so had to put some extra Mmph into it. The other team was awful so hold my Cy young award for a bit.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 25, 2013 -> 08:50 AM)
We scored 22 in the first and started screwing around, batting lefty and such. One guy, just one guy, took offense thinking we were trying to humiliate them, and we weren't at all. We seriously could've put up 50.

We started switching positions for fun and I got stuck at pitcher for an inning. Had 2 Ks. My first three pitches were all short so had to put some extra Mmph into it. The other team was awful so hold my Cy young award for a bit.

The Soxtalk Cy Young has already been awarded, my friend.