Slow pitch softball thread

In the game before us, a guy, who isn't really all that good but acts like he is, flew out and threw his bat down towards his bench. It bounced off the ground like on a trampoline and hit his teammate in the head. The guy went down with his head busted open. Had to call ambulance.

The guy who threw the bat, while very remorseful, should've been tossed IMO. No clue what was going thru his head to throw the bat like that.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 04:02 PM)
In the game before us, a guy, who isn't really all that good but acts like he is, flew out and threw his bat down towards his bench. It bounced off the ground like on a trampoline and hit his teammate in the head. The guy went down with his head busted open. Had to call ambulance.

The guy who threw the bat, while very remorseful, should've been tossed IMO. No clue what was going thru his head to throw the bat like that.

Most umps throw him out immediately

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 12, 2013 -> 02:18 PM)
Anybody know of "C" leagues (or not super competitive leagues) for the fall in the north/northwest suburbs?

I know a few people who play in Skokie. Not sure what level it technically is, but it's not super competitive.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 12, 2013 -> 02:18 PM)
Anybody know of "C" leagues (or not super competitive leagues) for the fall in the north/northwest suburbs?

I play in Libertyville. They do a league every day so some days are more competitive than others but no A, B, or C type leagues.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 12, 2013 -> 04:16 PM)
Arlington Heights has a Recreational and Competitive league. Schaumburg, Hoffman Estates, Elgin, Buffalo Grove (leagues I have played in) all have the leagues broken down A/B/C

Yea our organizer was saying that BG is going to an open league for the Fall, but I now see that they have a Tuesday option for C-league (no way my team should be playing against better competition at this point).

Thanks for all the responses!

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 10:18 PM)
Picked up a shift at my old Chilis job this Saturday purely so I could play in the huge softball tournament in Elgin on Sunday. Can't believe the GM there is letting me essentially walk on to the team after not even working there anymore, or attending a single practice. He must have really liked me for the short time we worked together, or they really need another guy who can play.

This post made my day. I am happy to have stumbled upon it.

In fact, this is one of my favorite posts in the history of Soxtalk.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 13, 2013 -> 08:42 PM)
I am being forced in to pitching for my Thursday team again. I feel bad that our pitcher got kicked out of his position of 3 years simply because he missed a week and I pitched well in his absence, but oh well I guess. I hate pitching in this league too, I'll lose my teeth one of these games.

You simply cannot be denied! The truth is evident to all!

Won our first round game 26-5. It was funny because the other team brought a ringer who smacked a 3 run bomb in the top of the first than acted like he was the s***.

Later as he was on first, we forced him at 2nd on a DP attempt but he stayed up in baseline. Our SS, who is our hr hitter, said he almost threw the ball in his face. Guy started jawing back at us saying he was just breaking play up.

Next time our SS was up, he tomahawked a fly ball to left. Just as he hit it, the ringer shouted, "at a girl." We'll the ball just kept carrying and cleared the fence easily. The guy stood out in LC just standing there as our guy laughed.

Ump stopped it after that and all was calm until their 2B elbowed one of our guys running into second. We were killing them and he was frustrated. He tried to make it look like an accident..

Well, we lost our semi-final game and got eliminated. Defense made a whole host of stupid errors, but the fact that we only scored 1 run in 7 innings made that all moot. The only excuse I have is that we were missing 5 of our players, so we had fill-ins all over the place, but still, 1 run is horrid for anyone.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 16, 2013 -> 01:49 PM)
Well, we lost our semi-final game and got eliminated. Defense made a whole host of stupid errors, but the fact that we only scored 1 run in 7 innings made that all moot. The only excuse I have is that we were missing 5 of our players, so we had fill-ins all over the place, but still, 1 run is horrid for anyone.

Didn't pitch a shutout this time?