Slow pitch softball thread

I have to admit though, I love playing in cold weather. The ball jumps off the bat better, and I never get too hot. Playing in the field is kind of annoying though, my shortstop throws very hard and I usually have numb fingers by the end of the night

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 10:36 PM)
Won the first game of our double header 24-9, then only won 7-6 in the second. It's probably the lowest scoring game I've been apart of.

We won a game a few years ago 5-4 and we won on a walk off in the 8th. Ha

We had a superbowl moment last night.

We were up 12 in the bottom of the second and all the lights in the softball complex went out. We'll have to continue that game next week.

Grounder also ate me up at 3rd, hit me square on the bone above my ankle. The funny thing was that the ball just kind of stopped after it hit me and I was able to recover and tag the guy advancing to third.

It got super swollen in 5 minutes and my right ankle is visibly bigger than my left right now.

Edited by chw42

Season over. Lost our championship game, had a really bad 5th inning, gave up nine runs, our pitcher walked 5 guys in the inning and we threw it out of play twice. Ended up losing by 7 runs. Came in first in the summer(lost the championship game) and second in fall(again lost championship game. Lost 7 games all season.

Good seasons, but very unsatisfactory finishes to both.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 8, 2013 -> 08:21 AM)
Season over. Lost our championship game, had a really bad 5th inning, gave up nine runs, our pitcher walked 5 guys in the inning and we threw it out of play twice. Ended up losing by 7 runs. Came in first in the summer(lost the championship game) and second in fall(again lost championship game. Lost 7 games all season.

Good seasons, but very unsatisfactory finishes to both.

CHOKE ARTISTS!!!

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 09:36 PM)
Won the first game of our double header 24-9, then only won 7-6 in the second. It's probably the lowest scoring game I've been apart of.

The lowest scoring 12 inch game I've ever been apart of was a 2-0 win for us. The wind was blowing straight in at least 30 miles per hour.

The lowest scoring 16 inch game I've been apart of was 2-1 where we lost. The game was scoring through regulation and they scored 2 in the top of the 8th and we scored 1 in the bottom.

Our playoffs were ppd last week and suppose to happen this week, Thurs, and than last games Fri. Weather has other ideas again.

If we don't play them this week, I have to drop out on my team because of work stuff, which would suck.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 23, 2014 -> 10:20 PM)
I'm a big fan of the Freak+

I don't think I've ever swung a Miken before.

With the new ASA regulations, the new Combat bats are hot as hell, especially last year's Derby Boys. I just swung a Demarini J3 today, almost fresh out the wrapper and it felt amazing. I'm seriously thinking about dropping $250 on it right now.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 23, 2014 -> 10:33 PM)
I don't think I've ever swung a Miken before.

With the new ASA regulations, the new Combat bats are hot as hell, especially last year's Derby Boys. I just swung a Demarini J3 today, almost fresh out the wrapper and it felt amazing. I'm seriously thinking about dropping $250 on it right now.

There are a few Jeff Halls in our teams bat collection, those are also pretty fun to swing. Our teams best hitter plays with the local combat tourney team, so he has a few combats in his bag too.

Personally for some reason I really like the two piece bats. Maybe it is how they are weighted, but they feel great when you hit the sweet spot. But they seem to fizzle out quicker than the one piece bats, and the sweet spot is smaller

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 24, 2014 -> 11:01 AM)
There are a few Jeff Halls in our teams bat collection, those are also pretty fun to swing. Our teams best hitter plays with the local combat tourney team, so he has a few combats in his bag too.

Personally for some reason I really like the two piece bats. Maybe it is how they are weighted, but they feel great when you hit the sweet spot. But they seem to fizzle out quicker than the one piece bats, and the sweet spot is smaller

I really like the Z2000/3000s. Those and the J3 are the only two piece bats I like. My friend has a Combat Wanted, but I've never liked how end-loaded it is.