Slow pitch softball thread

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 09:09 AM)
In my last 3 games, I'm 9 for 10 with a few walks and a ton of RBIs. Our top 4 batters are awesome, and when the rest of the line up can throw in some hits we're a pretty good team for our league.

Our team is the same.

Our league has 10 teams. 2 are really good, 4 (us) are average, 2 are below average, and 2 are bruuuuutal. Any of the top 6 could win it this season.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 07:31 AM)
We won last night 7-2, I was 2/3 with a double 1 RBI and 2 runs. Our team is 6-1 and if the top team lost then we will be in first due to tiebreaker and RDiff

You should tweet and see if Frank will come play for you some night.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 10:09 AM)
Because they would hurt their necks spinning around so fast from watching a ball fly out of the atmosphere?

I think an oops linedrive would put a SS through the outfield fence

So both teams showed up to our make-up game yesterday.....and no one else did. No umpires, and all the gates locked. Apparently they decided to cancel the game because of the 15 minute downpour we had, but didn't notify either teams or post on the website or Facebook page.

People who run this league are f***ing morons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is the first year I've played in a while and it shows.

Last night I was in left center, a line drive was hit right at me but a little short. I knocked it down but didn't field it cleanly. When I tried to pick it up, I was in such a rush that I literally spun around in a circle three times before I actually regained my balance/composure and picked up the ball. It was impressive.

At least I redeemed myself with a walkoff homerun, or I would have felt a lot dumber.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 01:37 PM)
Last night I was in left center, a line drive was hit right at me but a little short. I knocked it down but didn't field it cleanly. When I tried to pick it up, I was in such a rush that I literally spun around in a circle three times before I actually regained my balance/composure and picked up the ball. It was impressive.

Gotta stop watching the Sox, man.

Edited by Rowand44

My team is in a bad spot:

1. Our pitcher sucks (walked in at least 3 guys our last game, probably had close to 10 walks in the game)

2. We usually only have 10 show up to a game

3. Our pitcher cant play another other position but first (super slow), and our backup pitcher is our best OFer.

With a better pitcher, we're probably 6-2 and not 3-5.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 02:29 PM)
Ive started using a 36in-38oz bat. its hard to resist the urge to try and pull it through the zone quickly and just let the bat do the work.

The worst thing you can do in softball is speed up your swing trying to hit the ball too hard. Pop ups and grounders to 3rd is what you get.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 02:29 PM)
Ive started using a 36in-38oz bat. its hard to resist the urge to try and pull it through the zone quickly and just let the bat do the work.

I have been using smaller bats my entire softball career. 2 weeks ago I decided to give a 36 a shot, hit 3 homers in our doubleheader all to the opposite field. I would highly suggest giving a bigger bat a try if you haven't before as I have been smoking balls ever since and I am not very strong.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 02:31 PM)
The worst thing you can do in softball is speed up your swing trying to hit the ball too hard. Pop ups and grounders to 3rd is what you get.

Thats what made me switch to a heavy wooden bat and now my ultra heavy bat. Helps me stay back.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 10:07 PM)
Going into the playoffs as the 1 seed. We have already won back half of our money for division leader, if we win playoffs then we get it all back

Well don't f***in blow it!

Edited by Rowand44

Picked up a shift at my old Chilis job this Saturday purely so I could play in the huge softball tournament in Elgin on Sunday. Can't believe the GM there is letting me essentially walk on to the team after not even working there anymore, or attending a single practice. He must have really liked me for the short time we worked together, or they really need another guy who can play.