5/11/12 Sox vs Royals

Jake

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad luck for Adam Dunn there, should have had two RBI's.

So much for Dunn's bat speed. If Paulie can pick up the final runs, it would be huge to give Gavin four runs to work with an add another 2 out RBI.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2012 -> 07:58 PM)
So caulfield, was that Beckham stat about fastballs saying he's hit well against fastballs or hit poorly?

676 against fastballs, about 100 points lower against all other pitches.

For Dayan, I'm sure it's the opposite. I don't really think it's a question of Dayan's bat speed, it's the fact that his swing path is so long (like Dunn's or Lillibridge's) that he's just been in between and always a split second behind, like Dunn was seemingly all last season.

He's got to go up there sitting dead red...whereas it seems like he's waiting for the offspeed pitches but can't quite dial it up for the fastballs.

Great play by Gordon in LF saves 2 runs and keeps it a game.

Edited by caulfield12

Could easily be 5 or 6 to nothing if not for the very good play against Viciedo by Escobar and then Gordon saving two more runs with the leaping grab...plus, he's piled up so many outfield assists and kept baserunners from advancing numerous times.

Floyd on cruise control again the last couple of innings.

Don't stop now boys. Need to get AJ and Rios going again, as well as the Cubanos.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2012 -> 06:05 PM)
Could easily be 5 or 6 to nothing if not for the very good play against Viciedo by Escobar and then Gordon saving two more runs with the diving grab...plus, he's piled up so many outfield assists and kept baserunners from advancing numerous times.

Fixed

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 11, 2012 -> 08:09 PM)
Yeah, that will be never.

Well, they have to do SOMETHING about Morel/Escobar. They can't bring up Kuhn or Corey Smith.

Lillibridge I guess is the only option, but he hasn't shown much offensively, except for his stolen bases.

Someone in Texas royally screwed up. Darvish and CJ Wilson both started and then that game's in danger of being a really long rain delay (in the bottom of the 1st) and both starters scrubbed.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2012 -> 06:10 PM)
Okay, it was hard to tell what happened from the Royals' feed there...Lefebvre was going crazy, surprised he caught it and expecting it to fall in.

Yea pAULIE WAS SITTING DEAD RED AND GOT IT . pROBLEM WAS IN WAS LIKE 8 INCHES INSIDE. sWUNG AT BALL 4 AND BROKE HIS BAT. sAWED HIMSELF OFF.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 12, 2012 -> 01:12 AM)
Yea pAULIE WAS SITTING DEAD RED AND GOT IT . pROBLEM WAS IN WAS LIKE 8 INCHES INSIDE. sWUNG AT BALL 4 AND BROKE HIS BAT. sAWED HIMSELF OFF.

I feel like this is a cryptic message

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)
Well, they have to do SOMETHING about Morel/Escobar. They can't bring up Kuhn or Corey Smith.

SOMETHING isn't going to be converting a 1b to third. And I wouldn't get my hopes up about Dallas either, that guy is just a hitter at this point. He couldn't hack it at third.

It is most likely Morel or bust, save a trade

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)

Lillibridge I guess is the only option, but he hasn't shown much offensively, except for his stolen bases.

Someone in Texas royally screwed up. Darvish and CJ Wilson both started and then that game's in danger of being a really long rain delay (in the bottom of the 1st) and both starters scrubbed.

Didn't you hear we're trading for Youkilis?