GT 5-13-12 Sox vs Royals, 1:10pm

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dick Allen, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. No idea about the business of baseball. No idea about how the game is played in 2012. No idea about position scarcity. No idea about how to properly value players.

Go read some books on sabermetrics and go play some fantasy baseball. Then come back and post as a baseball fan who actually understands the game, and not just cute marketing slogans.

Edited by Reddy

Why is Viciedo this bad?

I'm thinking a major league hitter has to be able to take some bad pitches and he won't do it and that is that.

He's got to be "easy" to get out for a MLB pitcher.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 13, 2012 -> 01:50 PM)
Dick Allen, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. No idea about the business of baseball. No idea about how the game is played in 2012. No idea about position scarcity. No idea about how to properly value players.

Go read some books on sabermetrics and go play some fantasy baseball. Then come back and post as a baseball fan who actually understands the game, and not just cute marketing slogans.

I played fantasy baseball. There's a reason its called fantasy baseball. If understanding the game is a prerequisite for posting on this site, you wouldn't be allowed to post here.

One thing is for sure, if the Royals do find something is wrong, if they think lightening his workload will help.................they.have.no.idea.what.they.are.doing.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 13, 2012 -> 12:50 PM)

You won't see me defending DA much, but you're advocating some slimy tactics that the White Sox have not really undertaken in Kenny's tenure. I understand the desire to maximize the kid's value, but I just disagree with you about doing business that way.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 13, 2012 -> 01:50 PM)

I agree with some of what you are saying but your line about playing fantasy baseball as a way of properly valuing baseball players in a real setting is pretty ridiculous

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
Morel had a cortisone shot in his back. Not good.

What is the deal with Sox 3B and back problems................Crede now Morel?

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2012 -> 12:53 PM)
I played fantasy baseball. There's a reason its called fantasy baseball. If understanding the game is a prerequisite for posting on this site, you wouldn't be allowed to post here.

One thing is for sure, if the Royals do find something is wrong, if they think lightening his workload will help.................they.have.no.idea.what.they.are.doing.

the bold is just... well... wrong.

and here's the one cute little thing you're intentionally forgetting. The sox found nothing wrong with Sale's elbow.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 13, 2012 -> 12:54 PM)
I agree with some of what you are saying but your line about playing fantasy baseball as a way of properly valuing baseball players in a real setting is pretty ridiculous

eh, i play in an OPS, K/9, sabermetrics-y league so maybe my perception is skewed. :)

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 13, 2012 -> 01:56 PM)
eh, i play in an OPS, K/9, sabermetrics-y league so maybe my perception is skewed. :)

If that's what you play how did you post you loved Pods in 2005? He was Juan Pierre. Pods was far better for the Sox in 2009.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 13, 2012 -> 12:54 PM)

And if you trade Sale and it gets out that you were aware of potential damage to his elbow, and didn't disclose it, no one is going to want to do business with you.

Secondly, if you approach someone about moving Sale, you don't think the first word out of the other GM's mouth isn't going to be "why"?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2012 -> 12:58 PM)
If that's what you play how did you post you loved Pods in 2005? He was Juan Pierre. Pods was far better for the Sox in 2009.

in 2005 i was 18 years old. we won a world series. i'll always appreciate every player on that team. that doesn't mean they're all good now.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 13, 2012 -> 01:01 PM)
I like the uniforms, but I don't like the font of "SOX" on the cap and uni. It just looks off to me, like a kid tried to replicate what we see now

I want home unis w/o pinstripes

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 13, 2012 -> 01:01 PM)
I like the uniforms, but I don't like the font of "SOX" on the cap and uni. It just looks off to me, like a kid tried to replicate what we see now

that's what they looked like back in the day. they straightened it out for the new logo.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 13, 2012 -> 01:56 PM)
the bold is just... well... wrong.

and here's the one cute little thing you're intentionally forgetting. The sox found nothing wrong with Sale's elbow.

He was sore and was scared. What happened was he got a break. It helps to be preventitive rather than wait for the catastrophy to occur.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2012 -> 01:02 PM)
He was sore and was scared. What happened was he got a break. It helps to be preventitive rather than wait for the catastrophy to occur.

who was scared? Chris Sale? i highly doubt it.