GT 5-13-12 Sox vs Royals, 1:10pm

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 13, 2012 -> 03:55 PM)
Exactly.

He has no interest in learning how to hit. He just flails at everything and big league pitchers will own him.

How do you know him this personally? Where did you meet him at and how did you get to talking about his hitting philosophy so well?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 13, 2012 -> 07:54 PM)
Viciedo seems to have no real clue as to which pitches he can actually hit hard...that's probably the thing that most makes me think he will never pan out.

I am not sure about calling him a failure just yet, but his hard hit balls seem fewer and farther in between

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
How do you know him this personally? Where did you meet him at and how did you get to talking about his hitting philosophy so well?

He has three walks in 110 or so at bats and game after game is just flailing away. He needs to be sent down for a month or so and try again.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 13, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
He has three walks in 110 or so at bats and game after game is just flailing away. He needs to be sent down for a month or so and try again.

So how do you know that he's not interested in learning how to hit, rather than struggling to adapt to the pitching as he has at every level? You clearly have some impressive insight into his mental state beyond what has been reported by anyone, to the point where you know that he's given up on trying to learn anything and can inform us all of this. I'd really love to know where you became such a trusted friend of his. Do you speak spanish?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 13, 2012 -> 02:58 PM)

He'll get hot. I'm sure part of his problem is he sees his numbers on the scoreboard.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2012 -> 08:00 PM)
So how do you know that he's not interested in learning how to hit, rather than struggling to adapt to the pitching as he has at every level? You clearly have some impressive insight into his mental state beyond what has been reported by anyone, to the point where you know that he's given up on trying to learn anything and can inform us all of this. I'd really love to know where you became such a trusted friend of his. Do you speak spanish?

You need to ask, "se habla espanol?" :lolhitting

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2012 -> 08:01 PM)
He'll get hot. I'm sure part of his problem is he sees his numbers on the scoreboard.

He mght be a bit overwhelmed by big league ball and big leaguer pitching, etc. I would give him time too

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 13, 2012 -> 04:03 PM)
He mght be a bit overwhelmed by big league ball and big leaguer pitching, etc. I would give him time too

Viciedo struggling to start the year was literally the easiest thing you could predict coming into this year about this team.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 13, 2012 -> 03:03 PM)

I'm sure he'll be a good hitter at the MLB level. My biggest concern with him is his weight. Will he be able to keep from blowing up?

Phil was very impressive today for sure. Great to see it and I am sure he feels real good about his performance. I am surprised that Robin came and got him with 2 outs, but probbaly the right move to make

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2012 -> 08:06 PM)
I'm sure he'll be a good hitter at the MLB level. My biggest concern with him is his weight. Will he be able to keep from blowing up?

Kind of an issue we saw with Dunn I think?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 13, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
Let's hope Thornton finds his control and doesn't blow this game for Phil and the team

I hope MT is shipped off soon he is not getting the job done anymore.

Edited by Soxfest