Sox vs Twins 5/22 game thread 7:10 first pitch

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2012 -> 09:23 AM)
Who else is disappointed that Buehrle didn't hit Moyer with a pitch last night? Given Buehrle and Konerko's friendship, you would have thought Buehrle would retaliate by hitting the son-in-law of former ND coach Digger Phelps. (and yes, this is sarcasm)

Moyer = ex-Cub. Shame on Buehrle. Then again, knowing his manager, no surprise that he didn't hit anybody

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ May 22, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)
Yeah! It doesn't matter if he gets tossed in the first inning. We have to send a message that you don't bean legends! You easily sacrifice this game against the Twins to send a message to the...Cubs...wait...

The funny thing is how much more focused the Sox appeared to be Saturday/Sunday after the incident on Friday. Assuming Konerko suffers no lasting effects, the events on Friday could be a huge turning point for the team this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2012 -> 09:31 AM)
The funny thing is how much more focused the Sox appeared to be Saturday/Sunday after the incident on Friday. Assuming Konerko suffers no lasting effects, the events on Friday could be a huge turning point for the team this year.

I posted that in the Konerko thread. Viciedo and Dunn really did benefit from the situation. Again this all assumes Konerko is back tonight and gets back to business.

I really want the Sox to go out and win 2 of 3 in convincing fashion. Then I will start to believe the trends are bucking.

Somehow though I see the Sox scoring 5 runs in the series and losing 2 of 3.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2012 -> 09:31 AM)

We may forgive, but we will never forget!

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 22, 2012 -> 09:44 AM)
We may forgive, but we will never forget!

Somebody with some photoshop skills needs to make a "Never forget" signature with a slumped over Paulie and an American flag in the background.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 22, 2012 -> 09:46 AM)
Somebody with some photoshop skills needs to make a "Never forget" signature with a slumped over Paulie and an American flag in the background.

Steve, your table is waiting...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 22, 2012 -> 11:42 AM)
Oh s***. Guess I should have refreshed and not wasted the last 20 minutes of my life. Nice work, Andrew!

They are both amazing :headbang

Special thanks to Greg775 for providing the fuel for the biggest firestorm of green EVER recorded on Soxtalk. :lolhitting