Dodgers vs White Sox 9:10 CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 11:58 PM)
Funny thing is I'm sure you're making fun of marty, but if someone was willing to take his remaining contract off our books, then I'm not so sure you don't let them.

I think there would be a few teams that would

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 11:59 PM)
Oh AJ, just lazy as hell behind the plate of late. No effort to block that.

I'm thinking about the runner now...I think in this situation he was just being dumb and not thinking about the runner at 3B

Dumb defense prevails over lazy defense in this case

I'm just ready to turn the page with AJ and Thornton and go with younger players.

It's going to suck to watch Flowers and Phegley struggle, but at least they'll hustle and not take every day in the majors for granted.

Yeah, AJ's been great offensively, but you just know that won't continue and then KW will end up overpaying or extending his contract again and he'll be mediocre and rebuilding will never occur with this team.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 05:00 AM)
AJ might be the laziest ballplayer I've ever seen. I mean that. God, I hate him.

You hate AJ? Hard to hate AJ as a Sox fan. I do think that him and Konerko have been extremely lackadaisical of late

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:02 AM)
People call Rios lazy. He's not lazy, he's dumb. There's a huge difference. AJ's not dumb, he's just f***ing lazy.

I dont think AJ is lazy at all. Quite the opposite from everything I hear actually.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 05:02 AM)
I'm just ready to turn the page with AJ and Thornton and go with younger players.

It's going to suck to watch Flowers and Phegley struggle, but at least they'll hustle and not take every day in the majors for granted.

Yeah, AJ's been great offensively, but you just know that won't continue and then KW will end up overpaying or extending his contract again and he'll be bad again and rebuilding will never occur with this team.

Seriously? Those guys aren't major leaguers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:02 AM)
You hate AJ? Hard to hate AJ as a Sox fan. I do think that him and Konerko have been extremely lackadaisical of late

I do agree with that and I've honestly been more upset with PK's laziness.

I think AJ not getting down on pitches could be helped if we rested him like a normal catcher

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:03 AM)
Have you ever seen another MLB level player who refuses to run out pop ups more than him? He doesn't run s*** out. He never has.

AJ hustles more than the average MLB player, absolutely for sure. I'd venture to say that his career doesn't get this far if he hadn't had a reputation for hustling and being in the right place at the right time.

His defense lately has been getting lazy though. I have to wonder if it is because he gets far less rest than your average MLB catcher

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:02 AM)

I've hated him ever since he threw the elbow at Frank at the Metrodome. I don't like him so it forces me to be way more objective. I'm happy when he does well, it helps the Sox, but he's a lazy, s*** talking SOB.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:05 AM)
I've hated him ever since he threw the elbow at Frank at the Metrodome. I don't like him so it forces me to be way more objective. I'm happy when he does well, it helps the Sox, but he's a lazy, s*** talking SOB.

You've met him before and know his work habits?