2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 03:53 AM)
One win to rule them all. Hopefully Toews isn't concussed or you can kiss any chance of him playing in Game 6 good-bye.

He has to have concussion symptoms or he'd have played in the third, right? Maybe we should try to win Game 6 w/out him and have him ready for the huge Game 7. I'd like to win it in Boston, but if he's got to sit he's got to sit.

Great victory. Nice to get the empty netter for an exclamation mark after sitting on the puck trying to run out the clock most of the third. Love Crawford. He's a stud! Kane for governor.

Edited by greg775

It would be a horrible concussion policy if you let him continue to sit there with concussion symptoms. Lights, sound, intense emotion or critical thinking all would set him back

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 11:14 PM)
It would be a horrible concussion policy if you let him continue to sit there with concussion symptoms. Lights, sound, intense emotion or critical thinking all would set him back

We talking about Toews?

I doubt he has a concussion. Pretty sure it was more neck/back.

I honestly think he will be gearing to go for game 6.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 12:26 AM)
When I got to the Bar tonight this idiot behind me said "I hope Kane shows up at some point."

Really dude? Maybe watch a game or two.

Fans start to come out of the woodwork around this time...

Rumor is spleen injury for Bergeron

@RealKyper: A source told me #Bruins Bergeron may have suffered a spleen injury. Team reported he was taken by ambulance for observation at nearby hosp

Boychuk needs to be suspended for that hit on Toews if the NHL is at all serious about the no hits to the head policy. One day someones going to get their neck broke on hits like that. Just because Toews appears uninjured is no excuse not to do anything. NHL superstars need to be protected and the foot soldiers probably wouldn't mind either.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

OT (and hungover), but I met Blackhawk prospects Brandon Pirri and Kevin Hayes last night at rush and division. (downtown at a food joint by Shenanagans) Really cool guys, both were shocked I knew who they were. (although I thought Kevin was originally Jimmy, crazy how much they look alike) Pirri said an "interesting" thing about Slavko (SoxFan1, he interviews them down there as his job) that I found hilarious.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 04:15 AM)
Soooo....if Hawks win on Monday, would parade be on Wednesday? Trying to figure out if I need to drive to Chicago on my birthday on Wednesday, and call in to my radio show instead of hosting it.

f*** this jinx post

Hawks game was great last night. Clearly Toews showed concussion syndromes after getting rattled all night. He wanted to come back in, but they wouldn't let him.

I wonder if they will play him regardless of whether he passes any tests.

Also a key, he's missed SIGNIFICANT time previously due to concussions. Hopefully this is not an injury that shapes his long-term future.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 04:30 AM)
Boychuk needs to be suspended for that hit on Toews if the NHL is at all serious about the no hits to the head policy. One day someones going to get their neck broke on hits like that. Just because Toews appears uninjured is no excuse not to do anything. NHL superstars need to be protected and the foot soldiers probably wouldn't mind either.

Down 3-2 in the Stanley Cup Final after Saturday night's Game 5 loss, the Boston Bruins got some much-needed good news on Sunday: per Darren Dreger, Johnny Boychuk will not be suspended for his hit on Jonathan Toews.

Edited by Soxfest

Total BS . To hit a superstar like that ,regardless of if its the Stanley Cup finals, is inexcusable especially since Toews has missed time with a concussion before this. If Keith gets suspended for a stick to the mouth why not Boychuk ? Hossa would 've missed significant time with a hit like that last year during the playoffs if it wasn't for the strike. I know Raffi Torres was a repeat offender but the NHL just showed the Cup finals take precedent over player safety and all that talk about not tolerating hits to the head is just lip service.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 02:23 PM)
Total BS . To hit a superstar like that ,regardless of if its the Stanley Cup finals, is inexcusable especially since Toews has missed time with a concussion before this. If Keith gets suspended for a stick to the mouth why not Boychuk ? Hossa would 've missed significant time with a hit like that last year during the playoffs if it wasn't for the strike. I know Raffi Torres was a repeat offender but the NHL just showed the Cup finals take precedent over player safety and all that talk about not tolerating hits to the head is just lip service.

Anyone who thought there would be a suspension is delusional.

A stick to the mouth is high sticking. Swinging a stick and connecting to the face is totally different.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 12:01 PM)

A stick to the mouth is high sticking. Swinging a stick and connecting to the face is totally different.

I didn't think there would be a suspension. After all a stick to the mouth can knock out a few teeth .What Boychuk did could paralyze someone . I realize there is plenty of opinions opposing mine including obviously the NHL's.

I also realize when a teams top line is kicking your ass you become a target. That's part of the way hockey is played. It's quite a dilemma for the NHL to promote the skill of players while those very skills make you extremely vunerable to viciousness.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 02:01 PM)

They took a closer look at the hit, which was a headshot. It's not exactly delusional to think a suspension could have come from it, though with Shanahan's history, I didn't see one coming from it.