2012-2013 Official NHL thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 24, 2013 -> 11:54 PM)
I haven't seen a replay, but I don't know how that Columbus player overshot that open net in the 1st. Mason gave up so many juicy rebounds, but there was never a Hawk in front of the net. A win's a win though.

I have a bad feeling about Monday's night game, but Razor will never lose another start, so I guess the Hawks are good.

well there is a reason why he plays for Columbus...

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 03:19 PM)
Any thoughts on the proposed conference re-alignment?

How should the playoffs work?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 03:20 PM)
It really sucks for the Hawks to lose Detroit. That is one of the best rivalries out there.

It does suck to lose Detroit...pretty irritating. Only "rivalry" in the conference/division/whatever the f*** they are calling it, is St. Louis. Overall the realignment does make sense on many levels, and moving Columbus over, just not favorable from that rivalry perspective.

Not exactly sure how playoffs will work, but may still go with the top 4 in each conference. Old school style. So the Hawks will have some matchups against the North Stars, Leafs, etc. Dino sucks.

And again nothing clear on this, but if they stick to some of what they had proposed earlier, it won't always be "west" vs "west", but on a rotating system or re-seeding system. So you could have the Penguins playing the Flyers in the Cup Final, etc. I'm totally fine with that, I don't always need to have a west/east. That's just me though.

West will have 7 team divisions, east 8. So they are throwing out a possible wildcard round of 5 vs 4 in each east conference first, which could just be one game.

You still see each team every year with a home and home, which is solid and necessary.

Of course, this whole thing will be f***ed up if/when the NHL expands and both franchises end up in the eastern time zone.

I like the East/West conference separation.

I dont know how excited I'd be to see playoff match ups consisting of the same teams if they have Conf "A" winner play Conf "A" 4th place team. Maybe do something like the Olympics have.

Conference "A" East 1st vs Conference "B" East 4th place. Conf "A" 2nd vs Conf "B" 3rd.

As far as I'm concerned, just have East and West and no divisions. Maybe have a select designated rivals where a team would play them 6 times instead of the normal 4 within the conference.

I think that any accomplishments, be they individual or team-related (as is the case with the 2012/13 Hawks season), need an asterisk next to them during shortened years- especially one that has been nearly halved. It's been like 37 hours since the season began and it's nearly halfway over already.

The same goes for each of the other major sports.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 10:52 PM)
I think that any accomplishments, be they individual or team-related (as is the case with the 2012/13 Hawks season), need an asterisk next to them during shortened years- especially one that has been nearly halved. It's been like 37 hours since the season began and it's nearly halfway over already.

Well hello buzz killington.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 10:10 PM)
This isn't real life.

I think it ends in St. Louis, but yes this is ridiculous.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 10:21 PM)
Has anyone bought the double black jerseys, do they look good in person?

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?prod...dy_bestsell_txt

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no x100 more. Don't be that guy. Just buy a real jersey that is actually used. And not a cheap $40 knockoff that looks like s***, don't be that guy either.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 11:25 PM)
I think it ends in St. Louis, but yes this is ridiculous.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no x100 more. Don't be that guy. Just buy a real jersey that is actually used. And not a cheap $40 knockoff that looks like s***, don't be that guy either.

Lol that jersey is 160 not what I'd call cheap. Right now I just have a jersey shirt from the winter classic and was wanting something better.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 11:50 PM)
Lol that jersey is 160 not what I'd call cheap. Right now I just have a jersey shirt from the winter classic and was wanting something better.

Just buy a red sweater. It's the best jersey in all of sports, I don't know why people f*** around and buy all these different color jerseys.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 10:52 PM)

This would be a record if they had a full 82 game schedule ahead of them, so I don't really understand the qualification.