Twins. Sox. Gamethread. Part 3

Kyyle23

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 05:57 PM)
So I assume Youk and Dunn are buddies.

Is Adam Dunn friends with everyone we acquire or something? He was friends with O-Dawg too.

Dunn and Hudson were teammates from the Dbacks while PV and Dunn were on Team USA along with Youkilis.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:58 PM)
Dunn and Hudson were teammates from the Dbacks while PV and Dunn were on Team USA along with Youkilis.

I had no idea Peavy and Dunn were friends until I read an article about them turning it around this year. Adam must really be a great clubhouse guy.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 05:00 PM)
I had no idea Peavy and Dunn were friends until I read an article about them turning it around this year. Adam must really be a great clubhouse guy.

Judging by the stuff he said while he was going through last year, he seems like a likable guy.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 09:57 PM)
So I assume Youk and Dunn are buddies.

Is Adam Dunn friends with everyone we acquire or something? He was friends with O-Dawg too.

He must be. He was pals with Fukodome too. He even learned some Chinese to communicate with him

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 03:34 PM)
Not to nitpick, but it depends upon your time frame of "right now". If Sunday was an indication that Youkilis is healthy and out of his slump then Youkilis might be the better hitter "right now"

And if you saw his hits yesterday, you know that both were of the extremely lucky variety.

While I don't love it, I don't think the lineup change is too big a deal, unless Gordo suddenly tanks.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 05:12 PM)
And if you saw his hits yesterday, you know that both were of the extremely lucky variety.

While I don't love it, I don't think the lineup change is too big a deal, unless Gordo suddenly tanks.

That triple he hit would have been a hit with just about any OFers. Bourne and Heyward have great range, there's no guarantee your average CFer or RFer gets to that ball he hit.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)
Stupid Cubs bringing up Rizzo probably just to kill what little media attention the Sox have received by trading for Youk. How very Cub-like of them :/

Yeah it probably has nothing to do with the fact that they have been talking about bringing him up for over a month, and just wanted to wait to make sure that extra year of control.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:13 PM)
That triple he hit would have been a hit with just about any OFers. Bourne and Heyward have great range, there's no guarantee your average CFer or RFer gets to that ball he hit.

Really? I think either would have caught it easily had they not stopped running, assuming the other had it.

Yeah it probably has nothing to do with the fact that they have been talking about bringing him up for over a month, and just wanted to wait to make sure that extra year of control.

But they could have waited a few days, or did it a few days ago. No, they had to do it right NOW. Just to squash our media limelight.

;)

Edited by RZZZA