2012 Summer Olympics Thread

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 04:22 PM)
Shouldn't they get the same punishment as the Chinese, South Korean and Indonesian badminton womens' doubles teams??

They looked into the Japanese soccer team's match but decided not to punish them. I think there was one big difference. The soccer team may not have been trying to win, but they weren't kicking the ball in their own net to purposely lose, they still managed a tie, which is common in soccer. The badminton teams were purposely losing, hitting into the net, out of bounds, etc. That was the difference between the two in their minds, and the reason they let the soccer team off.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 05:30 PM)
US Basketball is playing well.

Sorry, but this is ridiculous. They're chucking up 3's left and right, goaltending like they don't give a s***, etc. This is not enjoyable to watch at all. Sure, if your root for the US, this is a ton of fun. But even then, come on. No respect.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 05:32 PM)
Sorry, but this is ridiculous. They're chucking up 3's left and right, goaltending like they don't give a s***, etc. This is not enjoyable to watch at all. Sure, if your root for the US, this is a ton of fun. But even then, come on. No respect.

It is ridiculous because they're making everything in sight! They're shooting a ridiculous percentage and they're putting on a show. I understand the score is absurd, but it's a shooting display unlike anything you'll ever see.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 05:50 PM)
It is ridiculous because they're making everything in sight! They're shooting a ridiculous percentage and they're putting on a show. I understand the score is absurd, but it's a shooting display unlike anything you'll ever see.

I'd be furious as an opposing player/coach to see them chuck 3 after 3 in the fourth quarter.

Because if Komova doesn't needlessly take 3 steps off the landing she wins the gold. She was so much better than Gabby on the uneven bars and especially floor routine.

Honestly, and I have nothing against Gabby Douglas, but she was really lucky throughout this Olympics. First Wieber gets screwed by the judges allowing her to qualify, and then all her real competition for the gold each make one big catastrophic error.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 09:15 PM)
Was that Pink Floyd's shine on you crazy diamond for the Russian girl on balance beam?

The music is only for the floor. They don't have music for the beam routines.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 3, 2012 -> 02:16 AM)
Because if Komova doesn't needlessly take 3 steps off the landing she wins the gold. She was so much better than Gabby on the uneven bars and especially floor routine.

Honestly, and I have nothing against Gabby Douglas, but she was really lucky throughout this Olympics. First Wieber gets screwed by the judges allowing her to qualify, and then all her real competition for the gold each make one big catastrophic error.

You can easily play the what if game in gymnastics, but your Komova thing is ridiculous. Douglas had the top scores in vault and beam and gymnastics is all about not making the catastrophic error. This post makes no sense at all.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 3, 2012 -> 02:16 AM)

It's not luck when your opponents fail and you don't.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
I'd be furious at my players for being so lazy on screens.

Agreed. This is the olympics, you should be playing your assess off the whole game and it is important to make a statement. I want this team to wipe the floor against the competition.