2012 Summer Olympics Thread

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 11:28 AM)
I watch McCartney every chance I get. This is the first time I have seen this.

Did you see him perform at the Queen's Jubilee concert? I thought he looked the same then as he did last night.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 01:18 PM)
There were a few cool moments that were spaced by a lot of dullness. The transition between farmers and industry was WAY too long

They should have had more live performances. Rolling Stones. Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin (the last 2 for the most part) still are a live, it would have been a million times better if Gilmour and Waters actually played Eclipse, instead of just using a recorded version of the song.

Its the damn Olympics, get them to perform live.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 01:13 PM)
Women's handball is kinda awesome

I watched the first 5 minutes of U.S. vs. Croatia for women's basketball. It was god awful. I've seen better play at middle school games (slight exaggeration, but you get the point).

It's going to be impossible to avoid spoilers I see since NBC f***ing sucks. I love twitter too much to avoid it for hours on end each day and don't feel like watching the events live online when I can wait a few hours to watch it in on a TV in HD.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 03:20 PM)
It's going to be impossible to avoid spoilers I see since NBC f***ing sucks. I love twitter too much to avoid it for hours on end each day and don't feel like watching the events live online when I can wait a few hours to watch it in on a TV in HD.

yeah i know it's really stupid.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 03:40 PM)
Some great stuff.

I'm in that group. BEACH VOLLEYBALL - some of those women look much better at a distance. Close up they tend to get more masculine looking.

When I think Olympics....I say who cares?

It also irritates me to hear some of the NBA players think they are as good as the original Dream Team. Chance in hell on that one.

Are they going to add fly fishing?

Remember when Mayor Daley was going for an Olympic Bid. He actually thought having another pro sports franchise would make the city more attractive.

Funny comment about British women. The mayo on pasta was gross. That's why I don't eat macaroni salad.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 05:16 PM)
It also irritates me to hear some of the NBA players think they are as good as the original Dream Team. Chance in hell on that one.

I vividly remember watching the original Dream Team. I was really young at the time, but that team- as far as I can recall- was my introduction to sports. I know that you can't really expect to hear anything other than "we would beat 'em", because that's how athletes operate, but I wouldn't mind seeing this current team get bounced the hell out of there early by a team like Burkina Faso or ancient Egypt.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 08:42 PM)
I vividly remember watching the original Dream Team. I was really young at the time, but that team- as far as I can recall- was my introduction to sports. I know that you can't really expect to hear anything other than "we would beat 'em", because that's how athletes operate, but I wouldn't mind seeing this current team get bounced the hell out of there early by a team like Burkina Faso or ancient Egypt.

A part of me would love to see them lose just to shut them up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 07:56 PM)
A part of me would love to see them lose just to shut them up.

Taking a quick gander at some of the names on the roster, it's completely up in the air whether or not we would hear more from them if they lost (officiating, not our time zone, X Files style conspiracy theories), than if they won.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft