2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 11:03 PM)
That's really a dumb stat to use. What's different between losing in the 1st rd and losing in the ship? I don't think LeBron is Jordan but the s*** people come up with is kind of nuts.

Really........... players are measured by championships won when you talk about the all time greats.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 11:53 PM)
Shut up dude, stop disrespecting Magic, Larry, Kareem, Wilt etc.

Wilt?? Now youre really disrespecting Lebron.

Put the hate aside and lets all be grown ups about this.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 11:07 PM)
Really........... players are measured by championships won when you talk about the all time greats.

And that's not what you originally said at all.

Comparing finals records is a really dumb thing to compare.

Losing in the first rd is the same damn thing as losing in the finals.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 11:06 PM)
That is really interesting. They can retool this roster and be a title contender again next year if they spend it right.

They've managed their roster extremely well the last couple of years. Duncan and Parker are both extremely affordable and Leonard and Green are still cheap. Even if they don't hit a homerun on their signings, they can position themselves quite well. We'll see if loyalty kills them though, there are way better ways to spend $15 million (estimated) than Splitter and death-bed Ginobili.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 05:05 AM)
Duncan was on the bench fconds. Parker for slightly over a minute. They were getting a bit of extra rest, they weren't "benched". At the end of the game spurs needed threes. I woulda taken Parker out too.

They were out together in the first half together too. Heat saw blood in the water when this happened as fathom mentioned. If they needed a three you would not have known by what popovich drew up.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 12:07 AM)

So Jerry West sucks.

Brad Johnson and Dilfer is better than Marino and Kelly.

Robert Horry should have a HOF plaque next to Jordan.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 11:11 PM)
I'm quite thankful the refs did a great job overall tonight. I didn't want to have to hear about the poor officiating for the next few days.

Great point. Officiating overall felt better than average in the finals

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 11:11 PM)
So Jerry West sucks.

Brad Johnson and Dilfer is better than Marino and Kelly.

Robert Horry should have a HOF plaque next to Jordan.

In the Jordan/James debate it matters.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 11:11 PM)
I'm quite thankful the refs did a great job overall tonight. I didn't want to have to hear about the poor officiating for the next few days.

Two thumbs up here too. Can I blame them though? I'd prefer to not give LeBron credit.

By the way, I loved all the promos for the draft that no one cares about next week. You know you're screwed when the guys you're trying to hype are a guy with a torn ACL and a guy that a lot of experts are comparing to Brandon Rush.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 11:15 PM)
Duncan sat for 30 seconds and Parker sat for the first 90 seconds of the 4th. Both teams scored 3 points during that stretch.

Miami really took advantage of that time on the bench.

End of the first when they were both on the bench is when Miami made the initial run and once again TP on the bench for your most important possession which makes Manu the primary ball handler...DUMB.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 05:17 AM)
End of the first when they were both on the bench is when Miami made the initial run and once again TP on the bench for your most important possession which makes Manu the primary ball handler...DUMB.

Didn't the Heat go on an 8-0 run in the 1st or 2nd quarter when Duncan/Parker were on the bench together?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 12:17 AM)

We're going to critique the end of the first quarter subs now? Parker left the game with 3 minutes left in the first and Duncan with 2 minutes. Yeah the Heat went on an 8-1 in the final 3 minutes to take an 18-16 lead but when are these guys going to sit? You guys act like a coach sitting his key players to finish a quarter and get a few minutes for the tv timeout is something new. Bosh and Wade were taken out at the same time as Parker.

Is Pops suppose to play these guys for minutes 9-12 and not think about the fatigue level for minutes 38-48?

Want to question the possession down 4 with 30 seconds fine. But there is nothing to argue when it comes to the resting of them in the 1st or the first minute of the 4th.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 05:15 AM)
Duncan sat for 30 seconds and Parker sat for the first 90 seconds of the 4th. Both teams scored 3 points during that stretch.

Miami really took advantage of that time on the bench.

Given the 8-0 in the first half and the 3-0 run you mention, yes, I'd say it is fair to say Miami took advantage whdn Duncan and Parker were out together. 11-0 is a big deal.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 05:25 AM)
We're going to critique the end of the first quarter subs now? Parker left the game with 3 minutes left in the first and Duncan with 2 minutes. Yeah the Heat went on an 8-1 in the final 3 minutes to take an 18-16 lead but when are these guys going to sit? You guys act like a coach sitting his key players to finish a quarter and get a few minutes for the tv timeout is something new. Bosh and Wade were taken out at the same time as Parker.

Is Pops suppose to play these guys for minutes 9-12 and not think about the fatigue level for minutes 38-48?

Want to question the possession down 4 with 30 seconds fine. But there is nothing to argue when it comes to the resting of them in the 1st or the first minute of the 4th.

The broadcasters were questioning it as well, as they were asking where was the scoring going to come from for the Spurs. Unfortunately, it was during this span when Battier started to catch fire.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 11:05 PM)
What bothers me about you J4L, is that you have no respect of legends past, you don't respect NBA history. Just the fact that you think Russell was a punk is telling enough. Tim Duncan has 3 FMVPs, that's one more than James and yet you already say James is the second greatest ever? I have never seen people be in such a rush to crown James GOAT. They take what ESPN says hook line and sinker. And this isn't just about Jordan, Look at Kareem's career and what's he's done, James needs a lot of work to touch the elite players.

GTFOH

There's a difference between respecting the past and clinging to it. There's never, ever been a player like LeBron James. The 4th quarter and OT of game 6 and all of tonight just proved that. He impacts the game in more ways than any player ever. His defensive versatility, rebounding, play-making and tonight with the jumper. LeBron, like MJ at the same age, has it on lock now.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 11:25 PM)

Resting Parker and Duncan at the same time has been proven to be a dumb move time and time again this series. Yes, they both need to sit but there's 0 reason to sit them at the same time.

And Pop sat Parker for the 3 most important offensive possessions of this series and they scored a grand total of 0 Pts.

Like I said, Pop is an absolute legend and he's certainly not the reason they lost this series but he was awful and deserves his share of the blame.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 12:26 AM)
Given the 8-0 in the first half and the 3-0 run you mention, yes, I'd say it is fair to say Miami took advantage whdn Duncan and Parker were out together. 11-0 is a big deal.

Both teams hit a 3 during the time Duncan/Parker were sitting in the 4th. Duncan also sat for the first 3 minutes of the 2Q and SA outscored the Heat 4-3.

So for the 4-5 minutes that Parker and Duncan sat together, the Heat outscored SA 11-5. 14-9 during the 5 minutes where Duncan didnt play tonight.

But yes, after playing 44 minutes 2 nights ago, lets run Duncan out there for 48 minutes and not give him a breather tonight.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 11:31 PM)
There's a difference between respecting the past and clinging to it. There's never, ever been a player like LeBron James. The 4th quarter and OT of game 6 and all of tonight just proved that. He impacts the game in more ways than any player ever. His defensive versatility, rebounding, play-making and tonight with the jumper. LeBron, like MJ at the same age, has it on lock now.

Stop with the absurd hyperbole. They had to change the rules of the game in the past for guys.

Also squeeking through game 6 and getting an absurd shooting night from Battier = having it on lock?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 11:31 PM)

Me thinks LeBron is going to have a hard time 3 peating next yr.