2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 10:14 PM)
LOL, what the hell is that call? How are there 5 seconds on the clock?

That is one of the worst calls I have ever seen. I could see .5 seconds, but where in the hell did they get 5 seconds from? That made no sense at all.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 10:17 PM)
That is one of the worst calls I have ever seen. I could see .5 seconds, but where in the hell did they get 5 seconds from? That made no sense at all.

The only possible explanation is that there's some weird rule I don't know about that. Otherwise, completely baffling (not that it mattered).

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 10:17 PM)

Sounded like that's the rule on anything under 5 seconds. Not saying its a good rule, but per announcers it was by rule

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 10:18 PM)
The only possible explanation is that there's some weird rule I don't know about that. Otherwise, completely baffling (not that it mattered).

Like I said, .5 would have made sense. The officials blew their whistles as the buzzer was sounding, so they could have said that they saw it at that point. But 5 full seconds? I don't get that at all.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 10:18 PM)
Sounded like that's the rule on anything under 5 seconds. Not saying its a good rule, but per announcers it was by rule

That's what I said to my roommate not knowing the rule. Just figured that had to be it.

Yikes, don't get the clear path call at all. Leonard was charging back too and Wade never had possession.

Edit- Cool, they changed it. Don't see how it could have been clear path when the foul was on Lebron.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 10:27 PM)
It's not over yet. But man. One defensive rebound and we're not even playing tonight. So glad I'm not a Spurs fan.

Should be fun to see if they overpay Manu and Splitter this off-season. They'll need fresh blood soon, so it'd be a lot better for them if they don't.