6/27 games

danman31

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
Knights @ Pawtucket 6:05

Leesman

Barons @ Tennessee 6:15

Rienzo

Dash won 5-3

2 hits for Semien, Sanchez

Thompson 1-3, BB, no K!

Kanny won 5-3

Buch 5 scoreless with no walks

Voyagers @ Billings 8:05

Bristol @ Elizabethton 6

Well, with Leesman scheduled to pitch tonight, we should know rather quickly whether or not he will be joining the bullpen for the NYY series.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 01:11 PM)
Knights @ Pawtucket 6:05

Leesman

Barons @ Tennessee 6:15

Rienzo

Dash won 5-3

2 hits for Semien, Sanchez

Thompson 1-3, BB, no K!

Kanny won 5-3

Buch 5 scoreless with no walks

Voyagers @ Billings 8:05

Bristol @ Elizabethton 6

Going to the Knights game, en route right now. Taking the train out from Boston to catch my first Knights game. Very excited as Zach Stewart takes the hill for the PawSox and might be a chan

ce to see Veal if/before he gets called up.

What's gotten into Rienzo.

Mitchell at .254. Would love to see him finish in the .270-.280 vicinity, anything above .280 would be great.

Don't think they'll push him up to Charlotte just yet...there's no big rush anyway. Maybe AFL again, too. Need to see if they can get Trayce Thompson to be at least a .240ish hitter.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 07:58 PM)
What's gotten into Rienzo.

Rienzo has always been pretty successful and supposedly has a good fastball. He seems to have adjusted to AA pretty quickly, but I don't think it's super surprising.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
Good lord Andy Wilkins. Spread that out over a few games, huh? 2 doubles, 2 home runs.

Leyer now has 20 K in 10 IP. OH OK DUDE!

Also, why did Chris Beck come out of the bullpen? That dude needs to be starting.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...ws&c_id=cws

Concern about too many innings, the added 35 pounds of weight/muscle mass, diminished velocity...they want to just see where they're at with him physically and start rebuilding him mechanically, one would guess.

Not as concerned with him logging starter's innings.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 12:52 AM)
Rienzo has always been pretty successful and supposedly has a good fastball. He seems to have adjusted to AA pretty quickly, but I don't think it's super surprising.

He was sitting 89-92 in the game I saw him, first game at AA post suspension. He had no control that day so I didn't see him doing much dominating at the time, but his fastball was definitely a click below where Castro's was a couple days later.

That 89-92 is the minor league gun reading btw.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 08:43 AM)
Who is he? Not drafted by us, must be an NDFA... but he's only 22. Can't find much on him. Weird.

Alittle something I found..

61. Wisconsin-Stevens Point 3B Justin Jirschele: not considered super toolsy — average or below-average speed, power, arm — but strong hit tool may be enough to get him drafted; very interesting BB/K numbers – he’s the opposite of a three-true outcomes player; 5-11, 200 pounds

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 08:06 AM)
Alittle something I found..

61. Wisconsin-Stevens Point 3B Justin Jirschele: not considered super toolsy — average or below-average speed, power, arm — but strong hit tool may be enough to get him drafted; very interesting BB/K numbers – he’s the opposite of a three-true outcomes player; 5-11, 200 pounds

He must develope a bad back then if he is a 3rd baseman for the Sox.