Gamethread: Sox vs Yanks 7/1/12

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 02:18 PM)
I guarantee Gavin isn't getting behind in the count because he's scared. Being behind is extra scary

He has a reputation around baseball. Someone asked Jim Bowden earlier in the season about a Floyd/Youkilis trade, he commented, "no offense, but could you imagine Floyd in Boston". High profile situations aren't his bag baby.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 02:23 PM)
I just fear we're destined to watch this kind of frustrating streakiness his entire career.

He just has no approach at the plate except swing as hard as he can every time. There are times for that, but not always. Paulie is a great example of knowing when to swing hard and when to just swing for placement.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 02:22 PM)
He has a reputation around baseball. Someone asked Jim Bowden earlier in the season about a Floyd/Youkilis trade, he commented, "no offense, but could you imagine Floyd in Boston". High profile situations aren't his bag baby.

I heard that...I actually disagree...I don't think he's smart enough to realize there is more pressure in Boston.

He's just a total space cadet.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)
He just has no approach at the plate except swing as hard as he can every time. There are times for that, but not always. Paulie is a great example of knowing when to swing hard and when to just swing for placement.

It takes time. He's 23 years old.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 02:22 PM)

He had a rep with the Phillies..........KW should of shipped his ass earlier.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)

And it hasn't changed...I dont think it ever will.