20/7 (or 7/20): White Sox @ Detroit... IT'S ON!!!!

Joxer_Daly

After the sore disappointment of last night, here's hoping the guys are chomping at the bit to get back on track.

Lets get it right f***ing up this mob, White Sox!!! :gosox3:

Unashamedly pilfered from another thread:

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan

Sox-Tigers Fri-Sun: Peavy 7-6, 3.12 vs Verlander 10-5, 2.43, Sale 11-2, 2.11 vs Porcello 6-5, 4.66, Humber 4-4, 5.77 vs Turner 0-1, 10.29

Edited by Joxer_Daly

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 12:40 PM)
Alright! It's Friday, and I'm leaving for vacation in the morning. The beer shall flow tonight as I hopefully watch a White Sox winner.

Speaking of, what's your beverage of choice, Joxer?

Guinness - that would be top of my list. I love to get stuck into large bottles of Guinness, but they're available in a greatly reduced number of boozers nowadays. I also love a nice pint of Guinness draught. I'm fussy about the quality of my pint though, so tend to veer towards old Dublinese establishments renowned for good Guinness.

At home, I tend to drink cans of Carlsberg, but recently I've been exploring a wide range of various ales.

Spirits - Power's Whiskey (but I'm not overly fussy), various Belarussian vodkas(but again, not overly fussy), Havana Club rum (not exclusively), Hennessy Cognac, Grand Marnier, anything else I can get my hands on.

You see, I'm not really into drinking.... ;)

Enjoy the holidays.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 12:59 PM)
I think we can take 2 of 3...let's start by winning tonight, and maybe get a sweep! Go Sox!

In one way, the expection is all on them, seeing as they're hitting a stride and we're doomed, DOOMED, don't you know.

Hope we can just go and unassumingly do our job.

Biggest series since 2008?? Or at least since those brutal Target Field series in 2010?

Time for Peavy to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk. Detroit has all the momentum & the best pitcher in baseball on the mound. Time to be an ace JFP!

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 07:46 AM)
cant say im as excited as everyone else lol im more worried than excited... :gosox1:

Worried is how I feel...but if we win tonight...then excitement for the rest of the series.

Not sure what stage I'm in since I saw Thornton coming into the game last night, but anger is still probably the first one on my mind.

Somewhere between anger and denial.

Who would have thought that an unknown kid from Colombia and Axelrod would come in and dominate the Red Sox that series and we'd still somehow manage to lose 3/4?

It's pretty clear even if they did trade Viciedo...that there are so many holes in that bullpen it still might not even matter.

So I started thinking 2012 is like 2001 was for the Twins and we're possibly one year away with all the rookies on this team...

I just never want to see Matt Thornton pitch again for the White Sox after this year. That's all. He folds under pressure every time. Someone will make the excuse about Escobar's mistake and say that Gonzalez was 0 for 7 career-wise before that at-bat, but you just KNEW he wasn't going to be able to retire him, even when it was 0-2.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/p...nded/order/true

The AL AVERAGE for blown saves is only 10. We're at 15, 3 ahead of any other AL team. That's basically one per every 6 games, more than one per week. You just can't have that if you want to make the playoffs, let alone ADVANCE in the playoffs.

There's just no reason we shouldn't be 12-14 games over .500.

The Tigers wouldn't be breathing down our necks if we just had a decent bullpen.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 01:46 PM)
cant say im as excited as everyone else lol im more worried than excited... :gosox1:

Not so much excitement as pre-big match tension (PMT) and the desire for the waiting to be over and the opportunity to get stuck in with the hope of picking ourselves up from last night.