The Sox need a bench

VAfan

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 12:13 PM)
Ya, I don't quite people hating on Danks. Danks has been an effective bench player. Flowers is an effective back-up. The problem with the White Sox is outside of those 2 guys, the rest of there bench players are absolutely awful.

He is?

QUOTE (staxx @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 05:48 PM)
I highly disagree with your take on Danks.

He has an par bat with plus speed and defense... Wise is AWFUL with the bat and shaky in the outfield minus a couple spectacular plays.

Danks is not going anywhere, sorry.

Danks' bat is subpar or he'd be a starting OF in the major leagues.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 06:00 PM)
Danks' bat is subpar or he'd be a starting OF in the major leagues.

I disagree. He has a good approach at the plate and he has the talent, he is improving with each and every year. Did he change your opinion at all after tonight? Thanks for the walk-off! jordo!

He is at least replacement level, and for a bench player that is great. I argue he may have the talent to start in a couple years.

Edited by staxx

QUOTE (staxx @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 12:03 AM)
I disagree. He has a good approach at the plate and he has the talent, he is improving with each and every year. Did he change your opinion at all after tonight? Thanks for the walk-off! jordo!

He is at least replacement level, and for a bench player that is great. I argue he may have the talent to start in a couple years.

I was happy with the walkoff, congratulate him on his first career homer, and the unreal timing of it, but he's still a subpar bat. He's actually about a month older than Gordon Beckham.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 04:47 AM)
I was happy with the walkoff, congratulate him on his first career homer, and the unreal timing of it, but he's still a subpar bat. He's actually about a month older than Gordon Beckham.

I think we have 5 walk offs this year and I know for sure our bench has done 2 of them. Escobar had one and now Danks.

Did I read Aviles on waivers. Perfect player for the sox to get. decent bat, can play middle infield and 3rd then you keep Wise and JorDanks up. Send Rey down and tell Odawg sorry man you just are not the guy you used to be. Tflow should have been moved 1-2 years ago when he still had a little worth, but he is a cheap back up make 483,000. I mean IMO he calls a pretty good game behind the plate and plays D pretty well. Hitting wise I would say way below who we thought he would be. What happens if we dont resign AJ. Is TFlow going into spring training the #1 catcher?

QUOTE (Wagz @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 06:31 PM)
Did I read Aviles on waivers. Perfect player for the sox to get. decent bat, can play middle infield and 3rd then you keep Wise and JorDanks up. Send Rey down and tell Odawg sorry man you just are not the guy you used to be. Tflow should have been moved 1-2 years ago when he still had a little worth, but he is a cheap back up make 483,000. I mean IMO he calls a pretty good game behind the plate and plays D pretty well. Hitting wise I would say way below who we thought he would be. What happens if we dont resign AJ. Is TFlow going into spring training the #1 catcher?

Is Boston actually going to let him go for nothing or do you have to pay for him?

Looks like we would either recieve him (plus his contract), Give them someone in return or they could pull him back making him unavailable for the rest of the offseason to be traded. This is if he gets to us on waivers. He is only making 1.2 mil this year so its not to much and Im sure we wouldnt have to pay the entire 1.2 mil. I would love to see him picked up by us. One of few Royals players I actually did not mind back in the day when he played there.