Dewayne Wise come on up

Tdog32

QUOTE (Tdog32 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 10:38 AM)
How about another catch...d wise gets the call

So do we think Wise stays with the team and they go with Hudson as the only backup IF when Paul returns? I agree with not bringing up Johnson. He is out of options and definitely would be claimed on waivers.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 01:24 PM)
So do we think Wise stays with the team and they go with Hudson as the only backup IF when Paul returns? I agree with not bringing up Johnson. He is out of options and definitely would be claimed on waivers.

He probably wouldn't be claimed on waivers. The guy has totally sucked in the major leagues for 4 or 5 years. I think Danks probably goes back when Paulie comes back and they bring him back on Sept 1.

This move makes sense as Wise can play all the OF spots, and pinch run. In the week (hopefully) that Paulie is gone, that will have a better chance of impact than the occassional Dan Johnson AB. Offensively, the Sox weren't going to get a savior from Charlotte. This is the next best thing.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 07:00 PM)
This.

Also Wise is kind of bad. Like, really bad.

Wise could end up getting me banned from the site if he stinks. I am a huge Wise fan.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 07:03 PM)
He belongs because he hit one game winning homer? I agree that he belongs but not for that reason.

Yes. That homer was his unofficial welcome to the big leagues. It can't be easy not getting regular playing time. That was huge. I would think he would be an upgrade over Wise. Why did the Yanks cut Wise anyway?

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 03:40 PM)
Damn, I was hoping to see that Dan Johnson guy. Do the Sox not think he's ready to come up yet or what...?

I dont think it is a matter of readiness, but rather a matter of preference

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 03:47 PM)
I was under the impression that Dan is a big power/offense type of player and Wise is...not. Isn't offense what we need right now?

I agree, which is why I say preference. Johnson shouldnt have to prove he is ready, he is an experienced major league player