Blue Jays vs White Sox 6:07 PM

Kyyle23

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 03:23 AM)
Once you get to the 11th, you shouldn't start going rightly/lefty/righty. Had the game continued they were gonna run out of pitchers.

Exactly, he over-managed. Also, the fact that Escobar leads their team with 15 double plays hit into and Cooper's hit into one was why I was hoping they'd walk him there.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:23 PM)
Once you get to the 11th, you shouldn't start going rightly/lefty/righty. Had the game continued they were gonna run out of pitchers.

This.

When you start doing L/R for a guy with a .700 OPS like Johnson, something's not right.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)
Yes Jake brought this on himself allowing those two runs to score.

When you hit Anthony Gose and Kelly Johnson to pitch to Edwin Encarnacion, you deserve to get scored on.

It's going to be a long series though if this offense looks like they did tonight. Dunn looked great, but with Konerko out, they absolutely cannot afford ADA not getting on base. At least we probably won't have to suffer from watching Flowers face another righty tomorrow.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:24 PM)
Exactly, he over-managed. Also, the fact that Escobar leads their team with 15 double plays hit into and Cooper's hit into one was why I was hoping they'd walk him there.

If Nate Jones is pitching to Escobar they still lose this game.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)
The handling of Leyson has doomed him

You mean putting him in games. He can't throw strikes. Didn't you champion Zach earlier in the year using the same argument. If you can't throw strikes or when you throw strikes they land over the fence you don't belong up in the majors.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 03:27 AM)
Sox are 15-14 since the ASB, not exactly getting it done. They could easily be 3-4 games back of Detroit if the tigers hadn't been just as mediocre.

Well, it's better than going 20-9 but being 4 games out cause the Tigers wouldn't lose after the ASB :)

Considering that the White Sox have played in so many tight games of late, I'm pretty content with being 2 games up.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)
Leyson Septimo's are a dime a dozen.

I think you seriously underestimate how few quality left-handed relievers there are in baseball. Not saying he's going to make it, but guys with Septimo's stuff aren't a dime a dozen. There's a reason he's been a multi-year project for the organization.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 03:33 AM)
5-5 vs. the Twins on the year. Sox are 9-3 against MIN, but of course they are the only ones who lose to bad teams.

Twins have a pretty solid offense, especially against righties (which that's all Detroit has)

QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 03:09 AM)
This one is on Ventura.

You could say that after any loss this season where the team loses by 3 runs or less. Give me a break.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 03:14 AM)
Nate Jones hasn't been good for a really, really long time.

He needs a new pitching motion. The funky positioning of his hand is a joke. I don't like him despite the heat.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 03:17 AM)
I predicted it before the game started, so yeah, I would say so and so would my wallet.

You seem to pat yourself on the back a lot. Here's some good gambling advice for you. Pick the three games the Sox lose this series and bet against the Sox on those and pick the 2 they lose in KC and bet against the Sox in those. You will win a lot of cash if you do so.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 03:19 AM)
He f***ed himself over today. That 3rd inning was completely his fault.

I know he shouldn't need to be flawless, but mistakes are mistakes.

Cmon. The bottom line is Peavy gave up two runs in eight innings. That's a GREAT performance. Who cares how the 2 scored? He gets a A tonight, not an A-plus but an A.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 03:26 AM)
It's going to be a long series though if this offense looks like they did tonight. Dunn looked great, but with Konerko out, they absolutely cannot afford ADA not getting on base. At least we probably won't have to suffer from watching Flowers face another righty tomorrow.

Does anybody really think we can win more than one this series? A split would be very very good.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)
I think you seriously underestimate how few quality left-handed relievers there are in baseball. Not saying he's going to make it, but guys with Septimo's stuff aren't a dime a dozen. There's a reason he's been a multi-year project for the organization.

There's a reason why guys like Ohman, Oliver, Fuentes, Romero all hang around til nearly age 40.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)

Takes some big stones to load the bases up with Jones in.