GT 8/15: CHW @ TOR, 6:07pm CT

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 05:06 PM)
I really hope the bashing Wise stuff stops now.

This guy is a good fourth outfielder.

Completely agree. I haven't had a problem with Wise. Its more an issue in the fact that O-dog is still on the roster.

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 08:06 PM)
I really hope the bashing Wise stuff stops now.

This guy is a good fourth outfielder.

Yup I agree.

I dunno if it was exactly people bashing Wise. Just ppl started to fall in love with Danks & were upset when he was sent down.

By the way the Spitting Incident was a one time mistake (that was apologized for years ago -- both men have made up) that somehow erases a brilliant 17 year career by one of the best second basemen ever? But in year two he jumps from 73% to 90%? And that doesn't show you how petty the BWAA is?

Imagine what they think of a guy who was mostly a DH? A position that has yet to be recognized by the HOF.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 07:11 PM)
By the way the Spitting Incident was a one time mistake (that was apologized for years ago -- both men have made up) that somehow erases a brilliant 17 year career by one of the best second basemen ever? But in year two he jumps from 73% to 90%? And that doesn't show you how petty the BWAA is?

Imagine what they think of a guy who was mostly a DH? A position that has yet to be recognized by the HOF.

They also recognize Frank as the best right handed hitter in baseball for a long stretch. All of his numbers scream first ballot Hall of Fame. The steroid era will actually strengthen him in the eyes of those petty writers, as they look to screw guys like Bonds and McGwire who cheated their asses off.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 05:14 PM)
They also recognize Frank as the best right handed hitter in baseball for a long stretch. All of his numbers scream first ballot Hall of Fame. The steroid era will actually strengthen him in the eyes of those petty writers, as they look to screw guys like Bonds and McGwire who cheated their asses off.

I hope they do. I fear they wont recognize that until year two, however.