GT 8/16: CHW @ TOR, 6:07pm CT

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 07:24 PM)
So, I'm concerned the Sox are only scoring via the homer :)

Only 10 HR's in the series and 5 in this game. Not too many. They do have 1 hit other than a HR tonight, so not all the hits are HRs.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 07:32 PM)
Great post

Furthermore, you could say we didn't hit enough:

140 ABs in series (so far)

31 Hits total

10 HR

21 Runs (16 scored via HR)

So 21 hits did not leave the yard (67%), and we scored 5 runs (almost 25%) without a HR. We only hit one HR every 14 ABs.

Must be the Paulie injury.

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 08:30 PM)
The Sox just have to be headed to the playoffs. I mean the team winning 3 of 4 in ... Toronto??? It has to be a special year for that to happen.

On another note ... forgive the Sox if they get shut out Friday. What genius has them playing a night game in Toronto then having to fly to KC?. Sox will be lucky to be in bed by 3 a.m.

And they can sleep until 1:00 or 2:00 p.m. if they would like.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 01:32 AM)
The quicker we get out of this s***box ballpark the better, its been grating on 2 of my 5 senses.

The ballpark sucks, but at least it's empty and we are still winning. Savor it. It's not often Sox win 3 of 4 in that ballpark.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 01:40 AM)
Wonder if the Sox would ever consider a three-man broadcast booth, throw Wimpy in there with Hawk and Stony to liven things up a bit. You can just tell Wimpy would love to be back in the thick of things.

Well, if Wimpy causes the Sox to win at an 86% rate, I say why not!

Hawk giving play-by-play for a heart attack victim in the stands is just so disturbing

I had the volume down on the mlb.tv broadcast because I needed to have the volume up on the Weather Channel on TV because we were getting very severe storms at the time, so I saw that there was some kind of delay but didn't know what it was.

Is there any confirmation that the guy actually died?

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 07:40 PM)
Wonder if the Sox would ever consider a three-man broadcast booth, throw Wimpy in there with Hawk and Stony to liven things up a bit. You can just tell Wimpy would love to be back in the thick of things.

My friend and I were discussing this the other day. I believe both NY teams have 3-man booths.

I'll bet we are too cheap.