8/27 White Sox at Orioles

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 10:15 PM)
Awful loss, neither team really deserved to win. It's amazing how close every game has been. KW, get another reliever now!

How'd Baltimore not deserve to win? Only one really dumb mistake, they pitched great

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 03:15 AM)
This organization's lack of care for splits and stats is so damning.

The only thing that Ventura could have been thinking is that he was more worried about Machado on deck than McLouth. However, thanks to shack's alarming stat, it seems like he was caught sleeping.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)
The only thing that Ventura could have been thinking is that he was more worried about Machado on deck than McLouth. However, thanks to shack's alarming stat, it seems like he was caught sleeping.

If what you said is the case, that stupid walk to Reynolds may have lost us this game.

The pitch he walked on was a strike to Alexei the inning before too.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 03:19 AM)
If what you said is the case, that stupid walk to Reynolds may have lost us this game.

The pitch he walked on was a strike to Alexei the inning before too.

Most definitely, the umpire might have cost the Sox two runs with the non 3rd strike to McLouth and the Reynolds ball 4.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 08:16 PM)
Angels with 20 blown saves.

White Sox tied for 2nd in the AL with 18.

Sigh.

Plus, Thornton's confidence is probably a bit shaken now, not being used in such an obvious situation against McLouth, who had previously owned Myers.

This makes me the "doubting Thomas" for post season chances next to wetting the bed against the Tigers and Royals.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 09:20 PM)
Most definitely, the umpire might have cost the Sox two runs with the non 3rd strike to McLouth and the Reynolds ball 4.

I was following on my phone and those pitches in the 6th definitely looked like strikes on Gameday.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 09:24 PM)
AJ's at bat was worse than Gordon's.

Same with Viciedo. I had no expectations from Gordon, so I can't complain much. He stayed in that AB for a while and made it interesting.