8/27 White Sox at Orioles

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 02:53 AM)
Bobby Jenks isn't on this team anymore.

Owned.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 02:59 AM)
Ventura is Brett Myers?

I'm not a big Myers fan. He's just another average reliever. Good sometimes; s*** sometimes. Blah.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 03:20 AM)
Most definitely, the umpire might have cost the Sox two runs with the non 3rd strike to McLouth and the Reynolds ball 4.

That's why I love Hawk ranting about the umps. Baseball umpires suck, pure and simple. They have abused the strike zone. It's so small that no pitcher can avoid the dreaded walk. Mama don't let your boys take the mound. Any other position til umpires decide to stop this bulls*** and call the strike zone the way it's designed to be called. I hate umps. Hopefully Hawk will keep blasting them!

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilarious how nobody is screaming about all our blown saves. Make you realize Jenks wasn't so bad after all. I mean my god, how many games has the White Sox bullpen blown??? It ain't easy to close out games but this is ridiculous.

I know this has been mentioned but this game completed by Myers gets us one step closer to paying him $10M per next year, which would significantly reduce our flexibility in 2013. I realize most people don't care about 2013 right now, but this would have been another good reason to pull him in favor of Thornton there in the 8th.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 03:27 AM)
I know this has been mentioned but this game completed by Myers gets us one step closer to paying him $10M per next year, which would significantly reduce our flexibility in 2013. I realize most people don't care about 2013 right now, but this would have been another good reason to pull him in favor of Thornton there in the 8th.

We care, but managament already stated the clause has no influence on how they are going to use him. Nothing we can do, hopefully they know what they're doing.

I still think the clause doesn't kick in. Just a hunch.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 12:45 AM)
Hilarious how nobody is screaming about all our blown saves. Make you realize Jenks wasn't so bad after all. I mean my god, how many games has the White Sox bullpen blown??? It ain't easy to close out games but this is ridiculous.

Have you forgotten how bad Jenks was most of the time his past few years?

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 09:02 PM)
McLouth vs LHP: .176/.263/.176

Yes, this is on Robin if we lose. He apparently doesn't know that he has players who throw left handed in the bullpen.

If Ventura brought in a lefty, McLouth wouldn't have stayed in the game.

McLouth vs LHP: .176/.263/.176

Yes, this is on Robin if we lose. He apparently doesn't know that he has players who throw left handed in the bullpen.

This game is on the three pitchers who decided that giving out 7 free passes was a good idea. You don't deserve to win a game when you walk 7 guys.