Slumpbusted Gamethread: Orioles vs White Sox

Kyyle23

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quintana's having way too many games now where he gives up crooked numbers early.

Usually, he's been able to recover and gut it out for 3-4 more innings, but we can't afford to be down so much early every time he goes out there...especially against the really good teams in baseball.

8-2 OAK over the Indians. Oakland is actually getting within shouting distance of the Rangers for 1st place in the AL West.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 12:38 PM)
Feels almost exactly like a repeat of the Sale start.

Two guys pitching on fumes that have never been extended so long in their careers.

They won't make excuses, but it has to be at least SOMETHING of a factor.

This

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 12:36 PM)
Quintana's having way too many games now where he gives up crooked numbers early.

Usually, he's been able to recover and gut it out for 3-4 more innings, but we can't afford to be down so much early every time he goes out there...especially against the really good teams in baseball.

Before today his August ERA has been right around 3. Hasn't happened TOO many times. He hasn't been as dominant as previously, but I hope no one thought it was likely he'd continue with a low-2's ERA.

He's actually been better in August than July.

I'm guessing he just doesn't have it today. Or they are picking up on something, he's tipping without knowing it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 12:40 PM)
Before today his August ERA has been right around 3. Hasn't happened TOO many times. He hasn't been as dominant as previously, but I hope no one thought it was likely he'd continue with a low-2's ERA.

He's actually been better in August than July.

I'm guessing he just doesn't have it today. Or they are picking up on something, he's tipping without knowing it.

Judging by how hard he started getting hit all at once, I was wondering if they were getting signs, but same idea honestly.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 12:36 PM)
8-2 OAK over the Indians. Oakland is actually getting within shouting distance of the Rangers for 1st place in the AL West.

Cleveland has the 2nd worst run differential in all of baseball. We knew they weren't for real, but never thought they were this bad.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)
Judging by how hard he started getting hit all at once, I was wondering if they were getting signs, but same idea honestly.

Maybe. The reason I'd lean towards tipping is because the big rally started with their catcher (the guy maybe most likely to notice), and then on the 2nd run through the lineup. Like they figured something out.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 12:45 PM)
What a play by gordo

Those were my favorite kinds of plays to make as a second baseman. If you are fast enough, it is actually a pretty easy play -- but you look awesome doing it